Question about P4 reversal "Jerk"

Reaction score
I am new to DJI Quads but have others like Hubsan Professional, Blade Chroma, and a few others. My new P4 does something that concerns me and I'd like to know if it's common. Upon reversal from forward to reverse (or vice versa), or from left to right (or vice versa), at almost any speed and altitude, I experience a twitch AWAY from the position I'm commanding. If I center the sticks and let it stop then reverse direction, all is smooth. But when, say, moving backward, slow down, then proceed to forward motion I hear the props quickly change pitch and a "jerk" or "twitch" away from my new commanded position occurs before it actually changes position. This happens quickly and doesn't cause control loss. It's annoying because none of my other quads do this. Can someone verify if this is normal? Thanks in advance.

This is normal. The phantom will brake to maintain its position using gps, this will happen when in p mode or s mode (P4) if you are in atti there is no positioning system so the bird will drift to a stop and get carried away with the wind. There is a setting in GO to adjust the amount of braking, I just never leave the stick snap back to neutral, I bring them back slowly to reduce g force on my bird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20