Question about p3a and flying above a forest

Reaction score
Hello what I am wondering is if I want to fly over the forest for maybe 300-500meter how high should thr drone be in the air to keep a good connection?keep in mind the place I am going has no habitation or any electromagnetic field.I know If i could be elevatated enough to be parallel to the drone would be better but what would the best way to do this without losing connection?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PhantomPilots mobile app

For the best possible signal, you should have a direct line of sight between the Phantom and remote controller at all times.

It depends on how thick the canopy is and how must moisture is on or in the leaves or needles. You'll just have to keep an eye your reception levels.

SB

So if i was to hover maybe 100m on top of the trees at about 300-600 m away i should be fine
It all depends on what is between your controller and the Phantom.
If it's empty air, you'll have no problem.
If you don't have a clear line of sight to the Phantom, your signal will be affected.
More trees and leaves = more signal being blocked.

Reactions: Sagebrush
Ok.There nothing at all around so if i am high enough that no trees are in between then i am ok.Ok well will hover at 200-250 over the trees then.thank you guys!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just make sure your RTH altitude is set correctly for the terrain so that if the signal is lost it will return home without going into the trees.

You could always program a Litchi waypoint mission, so even if you drop RC connection, the phantom will continue with its mission and stop at the last waypoint (which should be set close to the starting point, where RC connection is good)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl