Question about laggy video feed

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So i've been using an iPad mini, second generation, with my P3A and while the video feed is... usable, it remains very laggy. I will see a rather choppy segment of video, and then the entire thing jumps a few second ahead. I am in need of updating firmware on the drone itself, could that be the issue? Or is this just how it is? I'm relatively new to this.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Zack

What ios are you running on the iPad? Some have said to have problems with video lag and signal loss using ios 9 or above.

Ummm... i think the most recent, but if not it would be the second most recent one. I'm not at home right now, or i would check.

I had serious video problems with my iPad mini 2 w/wifi when I upgraded to ios 9.1 So I was lucky to downgrade back to ios 8.4 and will stick with it for the time being since it works flawlessly now.

Zack,
Some folks who are new to this hobby get this issue when they fly somewhat directly overhead. Not saying you are, but if you have been flying close in and mostly up until you get comfortable, it could be because the signal is not transmitting well. Ttry holding your controller more perpendicular to the Phantom.

Of course, this may have absolutely nothing to do with it in your case. Just a stab in the dark.

Ahhhhhh that makes sense. I may be doing that a bit. I'll pay more attention to it from now on!

It's kinda odd that you might get better video and signal when the Phantom is further away...but that video explains it well.
Sometimes the solutions are painfully simple :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20