Question about Gimbals

Reaction score
Excuse my questions as being basic but my only exposure to gimbals has been on the P2V. I know this is a really BASIC 1 axis gimbal and I am looking into other options also.

I have a couple of questions about 3rd party gimbals.

When a gimbal counteract the effects of movement how does the motors in the gimbal know which way to move? Do they get their information from the Flight Controller or do they have their own own flight controller built in? The reason I ask is because I saw a video online where someone had a gimbal plugged in only to power but it was counteracting the movement that the person was moving. It was not plugged into a NAZA etc.. but only a battery.
http://youtu.be/YI07K9aZp3w

If this is the case, is the reason for plugging it into a flight controller etc... to get it to use the Phantom's battery power and also use the 7e channel for tilt control? If it were not plugged into the Phantom would it still work if it had it's own battery and just try to stay level with no tilt control?

I'm not really sure how much info is shared between the H3-2d,

But every other gimbal out there has it's own built in IMU and such, only requiring power and a servo cable to control tilt and such.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4