Question about Gimbal

Reaction score
I had the P3A before and recently bought the P3P. The professional i bought was second hand. It was used and the guy said it had about 10 flights on it. Anyways. The quad is flawless. Except one tiny problem. The Gimbal has the plastic pieces on all four corners inside the white squishy things. (Sorry for the poor terminology haha). Ive heard that theyre not suppose to be in all four corners, just two because it helps the gimbal be more free like its suppose to be. Do you guys think I should take off two of them? I don't know his reasoning for putting them on all four? Thanks! :)

So when I received my P3P it had two plastic retainers on opposite corners, LF-RR viewed from the front. I took a couple zip ties and bent them at 90 degrees so they bounce around in the other two holes/rubber dampeners. Just how I worked it out.

4 Locks seems overkill.

The plasticky locks have free movement space so you should be fine just leaving them. Some users as well as myself add zip ties to the unused ones and leave them a little loose just for additional protection. So the four should be ok as long as their is till free movement of the shocks (rubber pieces).

There are only two because the dampers hold the camera and the anti-drop pins are just insurance.
The whole idea is to prevent rigidity and vibration.
You don't want your gimbal snugged up.

They are shipped with 2 from the factory however, they do not hamper its use by having all four. They are safety's in case of a hard hit to keep the shocks/dampers from comming loose. If it makes you feal better remove two of them but having all 4 won't hurt anything.

Reactions: andy162

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj