Question about gains

Reaction score
So I'm going to use my Phantom for real estate videos/?photos. For the videos I need smooth operation. Can I change the gains to give me smoother movements (especially turning it around)?

I know I can get a different controller which would allow me to change settings to do what I want but I'd rather not spend a bunch more money if I can help it.

Thanks.

That's not what the gains do, though, is it?

It was my understanding that they were the aggressiveness with which the bird rights itself, not how it interprets stick movements. I wish I was wrong, but there are whole threads devoted to hacking your way to smoother stick response. Not as easy as just tweaking some settings, unfortunately.

I do real estate work, too, and I'd love to have smoother control...

malacca said:
That's not what the gains do, though, is it?

It was my understanding that they were the aggressiveness with which the bird rights itself, not how it interprets stick movements. I wish I was wrong, but there are whole threads devoted to hacking your way to smoother stick response. Not as easy as just tweaking some settings, unfortunately.

I do real estate work, too, and I'd love to have smoother control...

Gains = 1st four gain settings - Pitch/Roll/Yaw & Vertical = how the aircraft reacts to conditions (wind etc..) Next 2 - Atti gains = how aircraft reacts to stick inputs

Best bet for slower YAW gains - get a new controller.

I dropped my yaw down to 50 percent and it was a bad mistake. She had difficulties trying to correct her self in flight and ended up wobbling. Leave it as is.

Options:

1. adjust the yaw sensitivity by opening up the transmitter. It's not too hard, just make sure you unclip the USB port and battery connector and then "slide-unlock" so the ring part of the antenna releases. Just careful not to pull too hard as the antenna is still connected. All you need to do is adjust the screw for the yaw.
I stiffened mine help slow down the yaw.

2. Use your thumb at the lowest part of the stick and press like a directional pad on a console. Basically my finger nails are pushing the sticks instead. You will find it easier to pan from left to right because of the natural thumb position on the left stick.

I hope this makes sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers