Question about FPV

Reaction score
i was under the impression that when I am in the camera app and am viewing what my camera sees while filming I was in FPV. Then I got to playing around in my settings and I noticed that FPV was off. When I was having problems with my camera tilt someone recommended I turn off FPV. What is the difference between FPV and just viewing what my camera sees through camera app.

Nope, FPV mode is for Vision + and it is a setting for the GIMBAL.
If you have FPV off, your gimball will move and compensate every motion of Phantom, so that you have the smooth stable video.
If you turn FPV on, Vision + gimbal will operate a bit differently in that gimbal will not compensate for all Phantom motions and you video experience will be a bit different.

Hard for me to explain this, have a look at youtube. Anyway, it has no effect of regular Vision.

Geert said:
un hombre said:
Anyway, it has no effect of regular Vision.

Correct, it is not related to the Phantom 2 Vision.

Geert./.
What part does not apply to vision

ccase39 said:
Geert said:
un hombre said:
Anyway, it has no effect of regular Vision.

Correct, it is not related to the Phantom 2 Vision.

Geert./.
What part does not apply to vision

The fpv mode is for the vision plus model only due to the three axis gimbal

It won't have any affect with the non plus vision

I know as I have both models the fpv mode gives you a feel of being in the pilots seat(I have only tried it once but not for the entire flight) basically it follows the crafts movement vs compesating for its movement for better video

It also won't work if you have a aftermarket gimbal on a non plus

DJI chose a bad name for the FPV mode feature of the P2V+. Cause FPV is also the term used for the view you see streaming from the camera in the air to a viewing device on the ground. Forget about the mode, it is not going to have any affect on your P2V FPV. BTW FPV mode on a P2V+ locks the roll axis of the 3-axis gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj