Question About Flying over water

LTH

Reaction score
I have a friend that has a large marina that wants me to do some video for him. I've read everything about flying over water and have made a few flights around the edge of the lake so I'm not to concerned about that. What my real concern is that the entire marina is covered with metal roofing. Should I be concerned about this? Is there anything I need to do different? Thx for any help with this.

the entire marina is covered with metal roofing. Should I be concerned about this?
Keep your Phantom 10+ feet away from it and you shouldn't run into any trouble.

Thx msinger for the quick response. I'll be sure to keep it over 10 feet above the metal roofs. Thx again.

I have flown over 400 miles over water (and many Marina's) with never a problem. Frankly I prefer flying over water rather than land-no trees, people,cars or buildings you need to worry about. The only negative is if you crash in the water, it's gone for sure. Take your time with the pre flight check(IMU, Compass, RTH settings, Antenna's in correct position, battery at least 50%) and make sure you do it BEFORE EVERY FLIGHT NO MATTER HOW SHORT THE FLIGHT IS. One thing to keep in mind-wind can be higher on the water, sometimes much higher. Helpful to have a good wind app-I use Predict Wind (IOS Store).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: meissner58
Reactions: meissner58

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31