Question about firmware upgrade

Reaction score
Newbie here waiting on my Vision + v 3.0 (my first quad) and it should be here Friday.

I have watched all the video's and searched the forums and also read the manual about three times. I have a few questions that some of you guys can help me with.

1- Do I need to bind the RC and Phantom when upgrading? The video's I've watched always shows someone moving the controls while in the Assistant but not once has anyone instructed binding. I guess it's a given but please advise.

2- Do I need to use the RC Assistant first to upgrade and/calibrate the controller before performing a upgrade to the Phantom?

3- Is the new 3.08 firmware really full of bugs as I have read and possibly a concern and should I upgrade when I receive my new quad?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks, im glad to hear that the firmware is ok.

As for binding, I guess I was unclear as I was referring to the controller being turned on with the Phantom during updates using Phantom Assistant Software. In all the video's I've seen, during the upgrade using Phantom's Assistant software under the "RC" tab the controller was being used. I thought maybe the RC Assistant software had been outdated by the newer versions of Phantom Assistant or something. So do you still use RC Assistant software to do primary controller calibration?

When you just recently downloaded the RC software from the dji website , there is no need to upgrade that. However when you have the RC sw already a while on your pc you will have to remove it from your pc and download it newly from the dji website.
When using the Assistant your bird needs to be connected (by usb) to your computer and the bird need to be powerd up. (Note : It is a good habit to turn the tx on before starting up the bird.)
There is no need to calibrate the controler sticks if the setting showing in the Assistant sw are oke.
Only if the controle tilting weal does not works appropriatly you need to callibrate it; this first within the RCsw and than within the Assistant sw.
Welcome to our club and happy flying [emoji106]

Thanks to all for the info. As luck would have it, I received my bird to only have to return it for an exchange due to a faulty motor! I guess it will be after Christmas now before I have to worry about upgrading anything!

Again, thanks!

JDNC said:
Thanks to all for the info. As luck would have it, I received my bird to only have to return it for an exchange due to a faulty motor! I guess it will be after Christmas now before I have to worry about upgrading anything!

Again, thanks!
Welcome to the forum. Man that sucks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic