Question about extra props that come with drone

Reaction score
Hello-

I just received my P4 that I ordered on Amazon and When I opened it up, I noticed one set of props had the plastic still wrapped around them and the other set have bug juice one them like they have been used. My question is should this be an indication that perhaps this bird isn't actually new and has been flown before? Or does DJI test the drones before they ship so perhaps these were on the machine? Also worth noting there was no instruction manual with the drone in English when I received it.

I'd be interested in your thoughts, has anybody else had dirty blades come with a new bird?

All props should be wrapped in plastic around the hub area. It sounds like you received a returned unit.

You can download the Phantom manuals from the P4 downloads page. The Phantom manual does not come in the box, but you should have a copy of the Quick Start Guide.

Thanks msinger -- I was thinking it was probably a returned unit but wanted to give the benefit of the doubt because I really wanted to fly it today, but will be returning it now because I don't want to risk it. It didn't have quick start guide either.

Thanks!

Thanks msinger -- I was thinking it was probably a returned unit but wanted to give the benefit of the doubt because I really wanted to fly it today, but will be returning it now because I don't want to risk it. It didn't have quick start guide either.

Thanks!

If it was an Amazon Prime listing that was Fulfilled by Amazon it is very possible it was a unit that was previously returned. Amazon is not best when it comes to properly inspecting returns before putting them back into the fulfillment center for sale.

New means new and unused. It shouldn't be used in any way unless you get it from a dealer who tests it before sending it out. Yours was used in some way, especially having bug guts on the props and those props not being packaged.

I purchased a "new" lawnmower once, and I noticed it had a ring of grass underneath, proving it was used. I didn't take it back, but I got a discounted price and a big apology from the store.

Sounds like it has definitely been used. A good number of years ago my father returned a expensive camera to a local store as it had a fault. Days later he was passing and saw his camera in the window.
He went in to have a look and sure enough it was the same one. They were trying to pass it off as new when it was faulty.
When he reported it to trading standards they tried to deny it was second hand. What they in the store didn't know and trading standards did was that my father had marked the camera with his name and phone number in ink that can only be seen with ultra violet light.
They got prosecuted for trying to sell a faulty ruturned unit as brand new

you could also check in the app to see if the battery (s) have been charged up, when I received mine all the battery's showed charged 0 times

I just boxed it all up and I am returning it, it came from a group called Fumfie, turns out they aren't great with customer service, which I witnessed first hand with them, I ended up calling Amazon and they took care of it all. I didn't want to mess with it.

I just boxed it all up and I am returning it, it came from a group called Fumfie, turns out they aren't great with customer service, which I witnessed first hand with them, I ended up calling Amazon and they took care of it all. I didn't want to mess with it.
Sounds like your best bet. I HATE being screwed in any manner as a customer.

Also, another worthless anecdote. I was looking at used cars outside the front gate of my military installation back in '83, when I sat in a potential purchase. I saw that it had relatively low miles, but then I saw that the inspection sticker had a WAY higher mileage on it, which was recorded when it was inspected - probably before it made it to the lot. I brought up the "discrepancy" to the dealer, who had no good answer. Of course, I didn't purchase anything from that lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers