Question about distance

Reaction score
Good evening ladies and gents,

I'm currently considering buying a new phantom 3 and am currently between the advanced and the standard. The only thing that concerns me about the standard is the distance. Has anyone had any issues with the wifi connectivity? When streaming video is there any lag or buffering? Also I know it gets aprox .5 miles for the distance...is that the distance the remote can communicate to the unit or camera communicates to the app? Any help would be appreciated! Safe flights...

My advice to u is get the advanced. I bought the Standard and returned it after few days of flying. (Thank you amazon!). The range is just not good. Only 1500' and lost both RC & video connection. Do yourself a favor, get the advanced. WiFi connection is just no good. Lightbridge is awesome technology.

Reactions: JFHughes08088
That's pretty rough, not even close to 1/2 mile. Were you obstructed at all or fairly out in the open? I hear that the advanced with the lightbridge really makes a big difference. It seems the only real differences are that the advanced has lightbridge, additional buttons on the remote, and further distance. If I'm not mistaken the cameras are the same between the advanced and the standard.

My advice to u is get the advanced. I bought the Standard and returned it after few days of flying. (Thank you amazon!). The range is just not good. Only 1500' and lost both RC & video connection. Do yourself a favor, get the advanced. WiFi connection is just no good. Lightbridge is awesome technology.

This was my exact experience. Go with the advanced. You won't regret it.

My experience with the advanced has been great. 2200 to 2500' distance, be sure not to drop behind obstructions or signal will drop out, instead of degrading slowly. If it drops completely out it invokes RTH, I've not been able to cancel that and regain control once the bird invokes it.

I have had mine more than 8700' in residential area. Good LOS and range extender do the trick.

My experience with the advanced has been great. 2200 to 2500' distance, be sure not to drop behind obstructions or signal will drop out, instead of degrading slowly. If it drops completely out it invokes RTH, I've not been able to cancel that and regain control once the bird invokes it.
You can regain control by switching to atti or I believe that pressing the RTH button will cancel the RTH

I guess I got a good P3s, mine flys 2400-2700ft, haven't lost signal or WiFi. I have sense upgraded with DBS mod. Don't know how much experience you have with flying, but flying long distance, is a very small part of the DJI experience. If I was buying a new phantom, I would prob buy the pro.

I guess I got a good P3s, mine flys 2400-2700ft, haven't lost signal or WiFi. I have sense upgraded with DBS mod. Don't know how much experience you have with flying, but flying long distance, is a very small part of the DJI experience. If I was buying a new phantom, I would prob buy the pro.

I've flown a completely stock P3S over only 1,500' in a heavy suburban area.. After modding with DBS Itelite, I was able to go 7,400' in same location..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl