Question about antennas - Dbs/argtek/standard

Reaction score
Ok so what is stopping us from saving 100$ - buying 3 mini pcie to sma and buying 3 generic antennas for 4$ each - total cost would be 20$ ?

The "brand name" antennas are from chine and tawain - and off practically the same assembly line of the default generic antennas - so why such a price increase ?

I'm new to quads - p3s owner for a week but I've been dealing with Rf and wifi for a decade and it's not adding up.

It's not like these expensive ones come with internal boosters with independent battery power to boost signal - they are just antennas

What am I missing here ?

Personally, I would not waste my time with Argtek. The ITELITE DBS is so much superior.

ITELITE is from Poland, not China. Besides, "made in China" does not necessarily mean what it meant a few years ago.

ITELITE is vastly superior to any non-name you find on eBay. Do your research and you'll see.

Thank for your input - I still feel that the manufacturing of an antenna is exactly the same - regardless of its creator - sure there is QC involved and some factories are crappier than the others but still .

For example - what's wrong with these antennas ?

They are dual band - so u can use these 3 on ur p3s transmitter - wouldn't this cause a good increase in flight distance ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/371344750601

For starters, they're not directional.

You can buy that eBay stuff if you want, but in the end, they'll end up in a drawer somewhere.

Reactions: N017RW
Ok but hear me out - max distance on directional 9db is 1320ft - max distance on an Omni 9db is 1200 feet.

So we're talking about 120 feet

I'm talking strictly profile numbers based on db and Omni/directional

the 9db Omni would be fine for 5.4 since the arg comes with a 10db Omni - at least for Rc

As for fpv you might be right but I can test it

Surely one of the aspects that is difficult to sort is that range is also power dependent. We can 'focus' original power levels to get range - but maybe a way to increase base power before feed to antenna.

I see really serious guys over last few years with ground stations - sending their FPV / UAV's over 50km ... 80km's ... one guy I fly with regularly makes 150 - 200km round trips. I do not mean to say we are going to do this with a P3S. But range of the P3S could be extended surely by such approach ?

Just asking and interested, as I am waiting delivery of ArgTek system as well as Windsurfer. I plan to look at 'focusing' signal from all 3 ArgTek antenna .. maybe its possible to design and add similar to Windsurfers to each of the 3 ?

Another aspect that gets little coverage is the Drones feed back to RC unit and DJI Go .... its no good having great signal out if naff-all is getting back to pilot point.

??

Nigel

There is a wealth of information discussing these things in the P2V and P2V+ forums. Lots of in depth discussions over the past 3+ years

There is a wealth of information discussing these things in the P2V and P2V+ forums. Lots of in depth discussions over the past 3+ years

Fine but myself and a lot of others have P3 machines and look through P3 threads ... I have had no links or advice to look in P2 threads till your post here.

Do I really want to sift through P2 threads with a lot of unnecessary info ? Look at this P3 section - the number of unidentified model posts ... P4 posts .... that's bad enough !!

Not trying to be rude - just being honest.

I would like to see P3 relevant and only P3 relevant info for this ... with specific reference to the model as well ... Standard, Advanced or Professional because as of now - you have to sift the posts to find out what the heck the guys referring to !!

Nigel

The P3S has a lot in common with the P2V+ & P2V and virtually nothing in common with other ACs such as P3A, P3P, P4, etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj