Question about a couple of accessories I need.

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Sorry as I know both my questions are hot (asked many times) questions but even after searching I don't have any definitive answers....

1. I need a backpack to carry my P2 in but I have the extended landing gear. I haven't seen solution for that yet unless you are buying one and modifying it. Anyone know of one that is made to work with the extended gear as is?

2. I'm wondering about a Lens Hood but I also use a Polar ND filter so I don't if the hood is needed and if it is, how would I attach it since the ND filter extends over the the top of the camera.

Any thoughts are very much appreciated, thank you!

Wow this is frustrating! Here's an example.... I'm looking at this $200 backpack:

http://smile.amazon.com/DronePacks-Back ... +phantom+2

Says it fits the Phantom 2 with H3-3D, so I emailed and asked if that meant it would work with the extended landing gear. They wrote back and said - nope.

Seriously, don't you need the extended landing gear if you are using the H3-3D?? Is there not a backpack out there that you don't have to hack up as soon as you get it to fit the landing gear that you must have???

jburnard said:
Seriously, don't you need the extended landing gear if you are using the H3-3D??

No. I run the H3-3D on standard landing gear fine. Yes the gimbal lightly taps the ground during its start up process, but its not an issue that justifies larger landing gear, especially with all the downside of larger landing gear.

I just run my GoPro (Hero3+ black currently) in Medium FOV and the only time I ever see any of the Phantom in frame is when I'm moving forward at full throttle in ATTI mode since there's 10 extra degrees of tilt I see the top left arm... but I'm not usually trying to get a shot I'm going to USE in a video while flying forward at full full throttle. if I'm just calmly flying around getting shots I basically never see the leg of the Phantom.

Is your extended landing gear also TALLER landing gear than standard? I have a Vanguard Uprise II 48 backpack and the entire inside pocket are these little configurable panels... it wouldn't battery how WIDE your legs are, it could easily accommodate them. However if those legs are also very much TALLER it might be a tight squeeze.

but you're right there aren't really any backpack options that specifically accommodate tall/extended landing gear. Do you just have those white gear that sort of look like the stock gear but are wider/taller? do a google search for "phantom 2 carbon fiber landing gear" and check those out, one of them might fit better in a backpack than the tall/wide white plastic gear

Hi QYV, sorry I didn't see your reply until now. Yes the extended legs seem taller and wider... but I'll check out the carbon fiber ones you mentioned. Many thanks!

I do have and use the Vanguard Up-Rise II 48. I fits all my gear and looks very good. I find that the pro's out weigh the con's
Pro's:
orange color interior = easy to find your stuff. color contrast
light weight. You will use it and can go just about anywhere with it. Allows you to be very mobile vs any hard case.
It doesn't look like a box on your back
Comes with rain cover.

Con's:
It's not crush proof.

This is what's in my bag on a regular basis. I currently travel with DJI P2, FPV diversity 7" monitor, 2 batteries, GoPro Hero3+ (Mounted), DJI controller, patch antenna, helix antenna. 2 sets of props, wrench and ball driver stored in the zippered cover and a micro USB card reader. And still there is plenty of room.

When traveling. I add my charger for the DJI battery and FPV Monitor Charger, GoPro jaws flex clamp and Canon 60D with 18-135 mm lens.

As for your 2nd question, I'm still searching for that too.

good luck and post what you end up with!

Just got the Excenior 62. It is bulky, but it fits everything I have and is very protective.
I can even fit the Phantom with props installed, just in a different configuration.

cEDDjBGl.jpg

Cons: If I put my laptop in the laptop pocket, the case is front-heavy and tends to tip over, since the phantom stuff isn't very heavy.
The inner depth is just barely enough so the motor threads protrude slightly above. Not an issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers