Question about 1.1.1 main board.

Reaction score
I just opened up my phantom 1.1.1 and have found the orange Naza v2 in there, but no upgraded board with integrated pmu. Is this normal? I thought the 1.1.1 came with the upgrade kit?

Anyway. here is a picture of what it looks like.

Also, I just assembled the tarot v2 and im going to be moving the phantom guts into a phantom 2 shell. Which would be the best way to integrate all the wiring from the gimbal, osd and fpv?

Attachments

• rsz_20140512_172933.jpg
    rsz_20140512_172933.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 520
Thread moved to P1 section.

I don't know of any 1.1.1's that shipped with the upgrade board in place, but it's possible. Only ones I've seen had the regular P1 board like you found in yours. To have the integrated GCU (and the ability to add a canbus port) you will need that upgrade board, and I would suggest just adding it at the time you move to the P2 shell...that's exactly what I did.

Ditto, I have NEVER seen a 1.1.1 with the upgrade board pre-installed, though like everyone else, I came away with the impression that it was included, for some reason. I think when the 1.2.1 or 1.1.1 was first introduced, an independent dealer may have posted up a spec sheet or flyer that had that as a customized package and it stuck in our collective memories....

ElGuano said:
Ditto, I have NEVER seen a 1.1.1 with the upgrade board pre-installed, though like everyone else, I came away with the impression that it was included, for some reason. I think when the 1.2.1 or 1.1.1 was first introduced, an independent dealer may have posted up a spec sheet or flyer that had that as a customized package and it stuck in our collective memories....
Hmm. Maybe it's just my whishful thinking :p

I can't believe I bought the Phantom for just kicks and now I'm spending so much money on it! I can't complain. Could be doing worse things!!

I was wondering, if I get the upgrade kit, I could also use the fpv hub, stick it to the bottom of the phantom, and solder the immersion 600mw tx to the hub correct?
I'm sure there isn't a way to connect the tarot 2d gimbal to it? Sorry for all these questions! I just want to do everything right the first time!

While you could use the fpv hub, I can't really see any benefit to it with the gear you have. You'll still need to run a video feed from the gopro to the Immersion Tx, and power to the Tx which you can draw from the upgrade board's port intended for just that purpose.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie