Question about “compass error” (too close to metal)

Reaction score
When I start up too close to metal and get the compass calibration error, I understand it’s not really the compass that needs recalibrated (time to change that error message DJI!), but that I need to move away from a metal source.
My question is, will that error actually go away from moving without resetting? In my experience, it doesn’t. I move plenty far from metal, but have to reboot the AC, RC and app, which is king of a hassle, especially if I’m not far enough away or close to hidden metal.
Has anyone actually had that error disappear while moving to a better area without rebooting?

When I start up too close to metal and get the compass calibration error, I understand it’s not really the compass that needs recalibrated (time to change that error message DJI!), but that I need to move away from a metal source.
My question is, will that error actually go away from moving without resetting? In my experience, it doesn’t. I move plenty far from metal, but have to reboot the AC, RC and app, which is king of a hassle, especially if I’m not far enough away or close to hidden metal.
Has anyone actually had that error disappear while moving to a better area without rebooting?
It's not a fault with your compass, it's a perfectly functioning compass telling you that it's detected a problem with a magnetic field in the local magnetic environment.
SImply moving away from the magnetic influence that it is alerting you to should be all that is required with no need to reboot anything.

Reactions: macoman and Oso
Yes, it disappears for me once I am clear of the source- example being if I have compass issues with a reinforced concrete slab it goes away when I hold the AC above my head to hand launch.....

Yes, it disappears for me once I am clear of the source- example being if I have compass issues with a reinforced concrete slab it goes away when I hold the AC above my head to hand launch.....
Likewise for me I've actually taken off and once in the air and clear of the interference the message went away and the flight was fine...

Interesting. I’ll try it again moving as far away as possible without rebooting, but so far the warning has never disappeared on its own.
However, rebooting from the new location does not get the error at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie