quad rescue ya gotta see

I saw this video once before. What I really like is the generosity of the other pilot coming out to help a comrade in need. I don't believe the two had ever met before.

Yeah, that part of the story is quite heartwarming. The length of the video is unforgivable, though. >22 minutes. Did they really need all that filler? I LOVE the way they came prepared and successfully caught the copter in a blanket!!!

Disappointing in the end that the on-board GoPro battery died. :(

PF

something like that will test your skills for sure, he pulled off a mission just like the military with their drones :lol:

I had my very first Phantom about 2 months so. On the first day me and my neighbor took it it out in an open are. We were dumb. We didn't really know anything about it so that night he came over and said let's get some city lights footage. I said let's just take it up, get some footage, and then bring it down. I did that and then asked him if he wanted to fly it. Well, he took it way out and I said bring it back but he couldn't. The lights went out and it fell. We went looking for it in the dark for 2 hours with no luck. We knew it couldn't be that far away. The next morning we went knocking on doors for about 3 hours with zero results. I was pissed. I ordered another one with a Garmin GPS to locate it if this happens again.

About 2 weeks later a guy was knocking on my door. When I answered he asked me if this gopro was mine. I said yes and asked if a copter was attached. He went over to his pickup and pulled out the Phantom. He said it was in his back yard and he knew the cop car on my block from the video because he delivers pizza. I was shocked. I offered a reward but he just jumped into his truck and said he's just a good samaritan. This happened when we had all the flooding here in Colorado. I didn't know if this would even work. The battery was shot but the copter survived. It was amazing. I opened it up and there are a couple rust spots on the inside plastic. Nothing else wrong.

BrewserB said:
I had my very first Phantom about 2 months so. On the first day me and my neighbor took it it out in an open are. We were dumb. We didn't really know anything about it so that night he came over and said let's get some city lights footage. I said let's just take it up, get some footage, and then bring it down. I did that and then asked him if he wanted to fly it. Well, he took it way out and I said bring it back but he couldn't. The lights went out and it fell. We went looking for it in the dark for 2 hours with no luck. We knew it couldn't be that far away. The next morning we went knocking on doors for about 3 hours with zero results. I was pissed. I ordered another one with a Garmin GPS to locate it if this happens again.

About 2 weeks later a guy was knocking on my door. When I answered he asked me if this gopro was mine. I said yes and asked if a copter was attached. He went over to his pickup and pulled out the Phantom. He said it was in his back yard and he knew the cop car on my block from the video because he delivers pizza. I was shocked. I offered a reward but he just jumped into his truck and said he's just a good samaritan. This happened when we had all the flooding here in Colorado. I didn't know if this would even work. The battery was shot but the copter survived. It was amazing. I opened it up and there are a couple rust spots on the inside plastic. Nothing else wrong.
great story!!, even the fixed wing guys have storys

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic