Quad does not power up, but battery is good.

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I have a quad that a IMU calibration was started on but interrupted in process. Now the quad does not react to anything. When the battery is turned on, there is no reaction from the quad, no camera dance, no body lights. It will not sync to the RC because the sync button on the quad is inactive. I have several quads and have not had this problem before. It appears that the Quads, (bios) or primary firmware is corrupted or something. Does anyone know how to "reset" the quad so that it can be synced again? I own P-4s.
This particular quad is a P3-Standard, and I have tried the P-3 forum, but it seems all the pros have moved on to the P4 forum. Sorry to use this forum for a Standard, but I am out of options it seems.
Thanks.

I would try the DJI Assistant software on my PC (or Mac) and plug the copter right into the computer. This may allow the reflashing of the copter's firmware. Either refresh the current version if it's recognized or select a prior version and then upgrade to latest firmware if this is successful.

Reactions: Don Holmes
Although now that I read your post again I see that the copter is not even powering up at all. The above advice requires the copter to turn on. Maybe try a different battery and see if this makes a difference.

I would try the DJI Assistant software on my PC (or Mac) and plug the copter right into the computer. This may allow the reflashing of the copter's firmware. Either refresh the current version if it's recognized or select a prior version and then upgrade to latest firmware if this is successful.
Thanks, that gives me another avenue of action for sure.
Although now that I read your post again I see that the copter is not even powering up at all. The above advice requires the copter to turn on. Maybe try a different battery and see if this makes a difference.
I have tried 3 different batteries, same result. The battery lights come on, but no body lights, it is not being recognized by my PC either. It was working, and trying to calibrate the IMU, when I experienced a power outage. Once power came back on, I could no longer connect, and the quad is unresponsive.

I apologize for not reading your first post in full detail before. I scanned and saw P4. So, how do you do an IMU calibration on a P3S? Is it different than the P4 in that it is plugged into a PC and a power outage could effect it?

I apologize for not reading your first post in full detail before. I scanned and saw P4. So, how do you do an IMU calibration on a P3S? Is it different than the P4 in that it is plugged into a PC and a power outage could effect it?
I was doing an IMU calibration, with battery at 1/2 full, usually more than enough to calibrate. Long story short, the calibration hung up, and the battery was pulled and fresh one installed, and hence the current problems. I am sorry for not explaining it better. I had my quad connected to the computer for a firmware update, which I would have done after the IMU calibration. I don't think the power outage caused the problem, I think it was because I changed batteries during a fail IMU calibration.

I would think it strange that a failed IMU calibration or even a failed physical IMU hardware would prevent any power up response.
Check battery contacts on the AC.

Thanks, I checked, and they look good. A few minutes ago, I had it connected to my computer, with a full charge, and battery on. Sitting there dead for 15 min. when suddenly it started beeping, camera did it's dance, and the sync button lit up red. I connected the remote, and DJI Go app. I managed to sync the remote and got a green light, and camera view. I thought all was well, and went to calibrate the IMU again, but disconnected from remote and again now sits idle, no lights. I have never seen this problem before. So, now I am just waiting to see if it will respond again.

Ok, after just sitting with battery on, the power came on lights lit up, and RC connected. Now, I have started calibration, but at 2%, it stops and says IMU Calibration, unknown error. The only thing I know to do is just keep at it. Any suggestion, from here? Error says Main Controller data error.

So, now would be the time to reload the firmware, if you can get it powered up again. That may help if there is not something more sinister going on...

So, now would be the time to reload the firmware, if you can get it powered up again. That may help if there is not something more sinister going on...
I have downloaded the latest version onto the SD card, and inserted that. When I get it powered back up I will upgrade it if it will let me. The "Main Controller Data Error" is worrisome though. Yeah, sinister is the word. Thanks for your help.

I have downloaded the latest version onto the SD card, and inserted that. When I get it powered back up I will upgrade it if it will let me. The "Main Controller Data Error" is worrisome though. Yeah, sinister is the word. Thanks for your help.

Yeah, it's not a word I get to use very often. Hope you're able to get it back in the air.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers