Pwm signal on P4

Reaction score
Hi Phantom pilots,

This is my first post so thanks for having me.

I require some technical information as i wish to mount a mapir camera to my P4.
The camera can be triggered via a pwm signal through the hdmi port.

I contacted the manufacturer and they couldn't give me any info.

Does anybody know if the P4 processor can accomodate an extra output or the best alternative way to trigger it?

Thanks very much.

The P4 does not come standard with the HDMI output but there is a simple $99 upgrade you can easily do yourself.

Sent from my LG-K540 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Cozza89
The P4 does not come standard with the HDMI output but there is a simple $99 upgrade you can easily do yourself.

Sent from my LG-K540 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the info. Are you taking about the module that attaches to the controller?

I need a signal from the bird itself...
* sorry forgot to mention. The hdmi port is on the camera itself, which is mounted to the bird and needs a signal to capture image.

Short answer to your question is no it can't be done with the stock machine.

EDIT: You **may** however be able to hack into the running leds to get a signal that way as the LEDs can be turned on or off from the app.

Short answer to your question is no it can't be done with the stock machine.

EDIT: You **may** however be able to hack into the running leds to get a signal that way as the LEDs can be turned on or off from the app.

Perfect. Thanks! I might rig up an arduino nano. Cheers aye

Reactions: MedicFL1
Thanks for the info. Are you taking about the module that attaches to the controller?

I need a signal from the bird itself...
* sorry forgot to mention. The hdmi port is on the camera itself, which is mounted to the bird and needs a signal to capture image.
Yeah, you need the $99 HDMI mod. There are good youtube videos that show how easy it is to install. From there you can hook it it whatever you want. A monitor or phone to record etc. That is if you can't wait to transfer it from you on board SD card.
Don't know of any way to intercept direct from A/C.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cozza89
Perfect. Thanks! I might rig up an arduino nano. Cheers aye
What setup are you looking to do with the NANO? (interest Peaked)

Tap into the led supply for a digital input, which can be switched with the app.

When the input to the nano is received, every second send a signal via the hdmi cable (will have to get a pinout for that) to the mapir camera to take a photo, until the leds turn off. (obviously the leds flash so will have to account for this in sketch).

I think it should work. In my head anyways haha

Reactions: MedicFL1
Tap into the led supply for a digital input, which can be switched with the app.

When the input to the nano is received, every second send a signal via the hdmi cable (will have to get a pinout for that) to the mapir camera to take a photo, until the leds turn off. (obviously the leds flash so will have to account for this in sketch).

I think it should work. In my head anyways haha
The front "Arm" LED's can be shut off via the app. That still leaves two on to get "in your way".
Project sounds pretty cool, let us know how it turns out.

Will do. Thanks. Ill aim for within a month. Waiting on parts

Greetings Cozza89! did your project worked?
I'm ran into a similar issue... I also want to trigger a Mapir SUrvey3 in sync with the P4 camera...

Let me know if you could solve it this or any other way please!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl