PV2+ not responding to CSC from controller

Reaction score
I have many hours flying various Phantom 2 Vision models but I am now having a problem I have not seen before. I am trying to launch a Phantom 2 Vision plus and the motors do not spin up with the usual CSC command from the controller. I was standing just a few feet away.

I am not in a flight restricted zone but I am in a "height restricted" area in Maryland. Still, that should not disable the PV2+. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem... especially with this version-3 model. This was purchased new from DJI in November last year and it had a normal flight outside of the height restricted area.

I have tried everything I can think of. I tried to launch from other locations but they were all within the height-restricted zone. The vision app gave me a notice that flight was restricted to between 10.5m and 120m. That would be great if the motors would actually start! I tried various stick positions and different positions on Switch 1. Nothing makes the props spin. The camera and gimbal appear to be working like normal. I also calibrated the sticks on the controller via the assistant software. And the firmware is current. I tried the CSC command inside my house and the props responded like normal. But outside, the CSC gets no response.

What are your LEDs doing outside?
This happened to me once, but I was getting RAPID yellow blinks.
Not normal slow yellow, into slow green, only got FAST YELLOW?
Motors would not do anything?

I put new batteries in tx, got home and no more issues!
I believe low batt, and wi-fi interference caused my problem!
Mine worked if I pivked it up 1 foot off the ground, but back
To rapid flash on ground! Very weird, but has never happened again!
I was at disneys campsite, with free WI-FI! But came at a price! More like
A headache!

Hope this helps, keep us updated on your fix, and findings!

J Dot

I'd suggest calibrating the sticks with RC software (connected to controller) then again in Assistant connected to phantom.
However since you say it starts indoors with no props it seems more likely it's related to GPS knowing your location - and consequently the flying restrictions. In other words possibly a bug since you should be able to fly at low altitude.

Last edited:
Have you tried taking the TX right upto to quad ?
Just wondering if the TX or RX is faulty and will not work more than a few feet.

check your s1/s2 switches in the phantom assist. make sure they are working. If the right toggle switch faulty, it may leave you in permanent fail safe (rapid yellows).

Get a full battery, and goto a NON-restricted fly sight, turn on your controller and advise what colour the Phantom arms are flashing. If rapid yellows, means you are:
In failsafe.
No remote detected - rebind controller (google it).
Damaged transmitter
Damaged receiver - check the daughter board if you have been in a crash - follow the 2 long antenna cables in the legs.

Tape a piece of aluminum foil over its top and see if it starts up outside without GPS. Might you be inside the newly created 15.5 mile radius Washington D.C. no-fly zone?

I contacted DJI support and I will copy their response below. I would not have thought the IMU Calibration would prevent the motors from starting... but the issue is resolved. And it should be noted that when I connected the phantom to the Software assistant it automatically performed a firmware upgrade.

From DJI... This error involves the compass. We would suggest to re-calibrate your compass in an area of low electrical interference; i.e. outside in a clear area away from buildings, power lines, etc.). If the compass has been magnetized, we would suggest taking a small magnet and orbiting it around the compass, which is the metal box on the leg of the Phantom. Once this has been done, please re-connect the Phantom to the Software Assistant and go to IMU Calibration section under “Tools.” You want to ensure that the Compass Mod Value settings are between 750-2250. If it is lower than 750, please perform a “Basic IMU Calibration,” and if it is higher, please perform an “Advanced IMU Calibration.”

Thank you for all the good suggestions.

Good show:
755F7CD0-7805-429C-B879-7FA3A4AD5A99.png_zpsxpjpmamx.jpeg

J Dot

gcoxusa said:
I contacted DJI support and I will copy their response below. I would not have thought the IMU Calibration would prevent the motors from starting... but the issue is resolved. And it should be noted that when I connected the phantom to the Software assistant it automatically performed a firmware upgrade.

That is the same response I had when I had numerous issues all over the place & they all ended up being a defective "Micro SD Card"...another prime example how this site is a great tool or
"GIANT DRONE CHILTON'S MANUAL" !
:eek: :eek:

Glad to see you are squared away!!

MOOSE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4