PV2 camera vision delay

Reaction score
After reading about the PV2 before i purchased it, it said the camera had a 1/10th sec delay. Now that i have the PV2 the delay in vision is about 3 or more seconds. Anyone else have this issue?

yep. I think it's something to do with the latest update. Also may depend upon the version of app you're running. btw, where did you see it stated that delay was 1/10th of a second?

Hope this helps

Bmews

BMEWS said:
yep. I think it's something to do with the latest update. Also may depend upon the version of app you're running. btw, where did you see it stated that delay was 1/10th of a second?

Hope this helps

Bmews

It in the overview section of the PV2 sale page on websites. But it might mean 1/10th second if your panning the camera or the like.

38Special said:
Yes, a few threads about it with the new app. Lower your frame rate to 15 from 30. It solved it on mine.

OK ill try that and see how it goes. Thanks.

38Special said:
Yes, a few threads about it with the new app. Lower your frame rate to 15 from 30. It solved it on mine.
Gday mate, i looked on the iphone app to change the frame rate but could not find it. Where is it located?

michaeljp said:
38Special said:
Gday mate, i looked on the iphone app to change the frame rate but could not find it. Where is it located?

Under settings and preview

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 376
FlyingFox said:
michaeljp said:
38Special said:

Under settings and preview

Thanks mate,
But if i want to shoot in 1080p im stuck with whatever it says? Isn't 640x480 15fps and 320x240 15fps a much lower quality movie?

007trains said:
Thats just the preview quality not the actual recording

Got ya mate, Thank you. So by doing this what i see on the iphone should be almost realtime from the PV2/

michaeljp said:
007trains said:
Thats just the preview quality not the actual recording

Got ya mate, Thank you. So by doing this what i see on the iphone should be almost realtime from the PV2/
Depends on your phone's processing speed, too - but generally yes. The CPU in older phones like - iPhone 4 - sometimes can't decode & display the Vision's preview video in real-time unless you lower the preview resolution to 320 x 240. Newer phones are faster at this.

EDIT: Just speculation, but I'd guess the DJI Vision app doesn't offload video processing to your phone's GPU - which is why playback is so dependent on your phone's CPU speed.

michaeljp said:
After reading about the PV2 before i purchased it, it said the camera had a 1/10th sec delay. Now that i have the PV2 the delay in vision is about 3 or more seconds. Anyone else have this issue?

Download the latest app, and in the setting, under preview quality, which item are you choosing ? They added one higher resolution and made it as default. Maybe that resolution is too big for your phone to decode in realtime.

Thanks for that info fellas. I am using a Iphone 4S but got an ipad mini today. I'll lower the preview on both devices and see how it goes. Thanks for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers