PV2+ 6 mos. old compass replaced, now GPS

Reaction score
I have a PV2+ which worked excellent until last Monday. It has never been wrecked, or hard landed. I have always kept it in the case.
Went out to fly it, and had the Compass error. Unit would not recognize the compass. I plugged it in to the computer. And the compass did not show up. Bought a new one and thought everything was good. Got satellites, rotor motors turned on! But... then the satellites went away, and the GPS is not recognized. Have two yellow lights. If I try to power up the rotor motors, I get two red lights. So... replacing the GPS. I am about ready to buy a new unit and use this for parts... suggestions?

Check your wiring to the GPS. Some of the plugs are loose. Jam a tooth pick in the plug to tighten up the plugin if needed. Sounds like a loose wire to me. (Bad connection) Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

No, not a loose connection. But thank you. **** thing ran perfect, until I tried to take it out on another flight. Then the compass disappeared. I put in another one. The GPS kicked off, I ordered another one. Of course, they sent me the wrong part.... UGhhh. So I decided to try it again. I fired up found some satellites... 4 of them, and I got all excited. Put it all back together again. Then the Gps disappeared. Almost like it got hot and gave up. So, I got an error 27. GPS Not calibrated... So I calibrated it. No Go. So, I reset the software. Restarted the machine. Installed the current firmware. Error went away. But still no gps. I hold the sticks down to start it and it goes from flashing yellow. To Solid red. Then will flash two yellows, until I do it again. I have no idea. The replacement GPS will be here in a few days. So I may just try that. I've reset the software. So Maybe it is the hardware. But again, never been in an accident. Never been dropped or landed hard. Just took a dump...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic