PV Range Hypotenuse ?

Reaction score
If you flay way 1000 feet Horizontal and 1000 feet Vertical the Hypotenuse is 1414,21 feet, is the real distance of PV ? 431 Mts ? or the real Distance show in the movil 1000 feet?, Range = 1000 Ft or ?

Range is the distance between transmitter and aircraft, straight lines. People's experiences are variable but I have had full control with video downlink at a height of 180ft and distance of just over 1000ft, so that would be a range of 300m with no losses. I haven't pushed the range to fully test it, but I reckon 400m would be fine in a good open area (for my Vision - as I said, others experiences have varied).

Ok, I undertand, if the range is the distance between transmitter and aircraft, straight lines is the Hipotenuse of the ranges show in the movil device
As it --- Real range = √D²+H²
D = Distance
H = Height
Thanks
Juan

There are two different limits:

1) For aircraft control - the distance between the aircraft and the transmitter According to the manual, this is 300 meters in CE-compliant mode (Europe) and 500 meters in FCC-compliant mode (US).

2) For camera control, FPV image, and telemetry - the distance between the camera and the Wi-Fi repeater. According to the manual, this is 300 meters (no separate modes for CE and FCC).

The "Distance" shown on the smartphone app is the Horizontal Distance from the Home Point (where the aircraft took off from, NOT where the transmitter is). The Altitude shown is the Vertical Distance from the Home Point (again, not from the transmitter). So IF you are standing near the Home Point with your transmitter - then yes, the Hypotenuse will be *roughly* the relevant distance for range limits.

Edited to add: And of course, your mileage may vary depending on many factors. Some people might find longer limits, some might find shorter.

FYI, I've flown just under 400ft alt and 1000ft horizontal (300appx meters) with clear line of site and the signal/control was rock solid. I think RF control is much farther than you've noted. Key limitation is on wifi range.

jimre said:
The "Distance" shown on the smartphone app is the Horizontal Distance from the Home Point (where the aircraft took off from, NOT where the transmitter is). The Altitude shown is the Vertical Distance from the Home Point (again, not from the transmitter). So IF you are standing near the Home Point with your transmitter - then yes, the Hypotenuse will be *roughly* the relevant distance for range limits.

fyi, you can change the smartphone app to show the distance from YOU vs the home point by click on the center of the radar image and it will change its reference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1