PV Footage with DJI lens correction and warp stabilizer

Wow great work! Beautiful footage and what an incredible place to live. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the nice comments.

The way I do it (and other posts have instructed) is to bring the video into Photoshop (yes, photoshop) ....turn the layer into a smart object, then use the DJI lens profile in the lens correction filter (which you have to install first) to correct for fisheye.

Then I brought it into adobe after effects and run the warp stabilizer on it to get rid of the omni-present shake/wobble.

It's quite a process when u have more than one or two clips...or with longer videos...but it helps a lot.

Sledge said:

The way I do it (and other posts have instructed) is to bring the video into Photoshop (yes, photoshop) ....turn the layer into a smart object, then use the DJI lens profile in the lens correction filter (which you have to install first) to correct for fisheye.

Then I brought it into adobe after effects and run the warp stabilizer on it to get rid of the omni-present shake/wobble.

It's quite a process when u have more than one or two clips...or with longer videos...but it helps a lot.
Did you have to render the video out of Photoshop, then import the new video clip into AE, then render again after applying Warp? Or is there some shortcut to import a PS Smart Object directly into AE, in order to skip the extra rendering step (and resulting loss of quality)?

I've been trying unsuccessfully to find the latter. The best workflow I've come up with is to skip the Photoshop lens correction and just do everything all at once in After Effects. You can get a similar (but not as precise) fisheye lens correction using AE's "Optics Compensation" effect.

Sledge said:

Nice video you make:)

So that is the magic trick :) Thx! I was looking for that also.
I am looking forward also to the answer for Jimre

Sledge said:
Can I also ask what settings you used in Warp Stabilizer? Thx.

You really have to experiment with the settings in the warp stabilizer...depending on how jumpy your footage is.

Sledge said:
You really have to experiment with the settings in the warp stabilizer...depending on how jumpy your footage is.
Yeah I've been experimenting away, trying different things. Seems to depend largely on how much of you picture you're willing to crop out. I think it may be best to split up the video files into smaller clips - one for each relatively "smooth" section of flight - and skip any parts that have sudden changes in direction or tilt. Then stabilize those pieces individually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20