Put on my big boy panties today - 10K out - check it out

Reaction score
Beautiful day here in CO today, 60 degrees and no wind so I decided to put some legs under her Yup, now I belong to the 10K club - check it out.
10K.jpg

Bone stock i'm betting.

Which is funny.. calling a UAV bone stock.. HAHA! That's a term I use for my Terminator.. It's BONE STOCK. Cept it aint!

BTW good deal on the flight. Purty Cool

Just like I got it straight out of the box. It's a P3 Advanced. Nothing modified all standard parts that came in the box. But I do have a nice open area to fly in right out my back door. I live at 7415' in elevation

Flown this afternoon: Total travel distance was 25,728 feet (almost five miles). Max distance from home was 12,227 feet (2.3 miles). My goal was to photograph a "movie set" western town in the Mojave desert. Completely stock P3 Advanced.

Flight.jpg Whitehorse-aerial.jpg

Last edited:
Flown this afternoon: Total travel distance was 25,728 feet (almost five miles). Max distance from home was 12,227 feet (2.3 miles). My goal was to photograph an "movie set" western town in the Mojave desert. Completely stock P3 Advanced.

View attachment 45132 View attachment 45133
OK, gotta ask. What's the coordinates of this set? I've been all over the Mohave, haven't seen this yet.

OK, gotta ask. What's the coordinates of this set? I've been all over the Mohave, haven't seen this yet.

Home point: 34.310722, -116.400441

It is near Giant Rock and the Integratron in the vicinity of Landers (CA). The "movie set" is the Whitehorse Ranch.

Can you please share your camera settings

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Beautiful day here in CO today, 60 degrees and no wind so I decided to put some legs under her Yup, now I belong to the 10K club - check it out.View attachment 45131

The stock P3A is quite capable. I have a P3A, very first version, so I think from what I've read the transmitter in the v1 P3's was more powerful. Anyway, stock everything I got 21,120ft each way. That's 4 miles out and 4 miles back. These things are insane.

How much battery did you have left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
P3P, windsurfers only, 100% battery on takeoff, 9% on landing.. First pic is farthest distance out, second is total distance traveled during the flight. Lightbridge is amazing..
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1456598660.320474.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1456598670.802552.jpg

Nice. I see you're a tad over 400 [emoji3]. I just went out in my longest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, a tad over 400ft. at the home point, (where I was standing) but where the P3 was it wasn't higher than 100ft. above the ground. The land sweeps upward the farther out I go, and I adjust altitude to keep about 100ft. above ground the whole way.. I have remarkably little interference for such distances too, it's great..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers