Purple Lines in Fc40 Video

Reaction score
I recently purchased an FC40 and am seeing a lot of purple lines in my videos.

Here are some examples –
http://imgur.com/vDPj3en
http://imgur.com/9pyTy8X

I’ve tried 2 memory cards –
16gb Class 10 SanDisk
8gb Class 4 Kingston

I read that formatting the card might help and it seemed to for a couple of flights, but now it’s back to lots of lines even if I format the card first.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Call the company back. Tell them you want a replacement camera. The problem is either the manufacturing process of the lens or the light sensor of the camera. Mine is the same way except I have a large blob on the upper part of the screen. The same result in picture mode or fpv. I waited until my camera was out of warranty before I called the company. Too late then.

Thanks for the reply!

I’m working to find out how to contact DJI for support (I get a message that they are experiencing extreme call volume and they hang up).

On a concerning note – I called Atlanta Hobby for support since they are listed on DJI’s web site. The guy from Atlanta Hobby told me “The FC40 is really just a beta for the other models” and “it was never meant to be around very long”.

This was in response to my camera issue, he made it sound like “yea, those things are crap, I’m not surprised”.

Pretty unsettling to have a vendor tell me that I just dropped $500 on a “beta product”, maybe the Phantom wasn't the way to go.

Since DJI won’t answer their phones and Atlanta Hobby wasn't surprised that this $500 “Beta” doesn't work, I’m just going to return the quad for a refund.

It’s pretty upsetting to drop this kind of money on a product that I can’t have confidence in, and can't get support for.

Thanks for the replies.

I'd say that sales guy has it wrong. I don't see the fc40 as a beta.. but rather a modification it the phantom1, a way for them to get people into the hobby inexpensively. Almost an afterthought, rather than a beta.

I just received my FC40 on Friday and absolutely love the thing - I'm very impressed with it (although I have nothing to compare it to, it has certainly exceeded my expectations)

One has to remember that it's less than half the price of the P2V+

hflyer said:
Since DJI won’t answer their phones and Atlanta Hobby wasn't surprised that this $500 “Beta” doesn't work, I’m just going to return the quad for a refund.

It’s pretty upsetting to drop this kind of money on a product that I can’t have confidence in, and can't get support for.

Thanks for the replies.

I wouldn't give up on the product. Seems you were given a dud, fair enough. And also experienced a lousy sales guy.. many have (including myself) had a much different experience. Hope all works well with you anyhow -

Update –

I was finally able to get through to DJI. I had to call right as they opened to get into their queue, and it was about 40 minutes of hold time once I got in.

DJI confirmed the camera has a problem and wanted me to send it (the camera) to them for repair/replacement.

Since this quad is less than 1 week old and I only have until Aug 15 to return it, I don’t want to wait 2 weeks before I can see if it’s working.

I contacted Amazon and they were super helpful as always. They were able to advance refund the original order so I can order a replacement without waiting. It seems crazy to return the entire thing for a camera issue, but it is what it is I guess.

I will be returning the original quad and have already placed the order for the replacement.

I have no idea why the guy at Atlanta Hobby was so negative about the FC40. None of my other research has indicated that the FC40 is a “Beta” or that I should not expect it to work.

I really love this quad so I’m excited that I was able to get this resolved, fingers crossed that the new one works.

Amazon continues to earn my business… Atlanta Hobby… not so much.

Thanks for the replies and help, great forum!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik