Purchasing a new P3 advanced

Reaction score
Hi, I read somewhere that if you buy a P3 advanced from Amazon it won't have warranty due to maybe not being an authorized dealer. True/false?? I'm in central NC, can someone recommend a good place to purchase? Any online places that's more reputable than others? Thanks..

It's okay to buy from Amazon if purchasing from an authorized DJI dealer. Here's a list of authorized DJI dealers who have Phantoms in stock on Amazon.

Hi, I read somewhere that if you buy a P3 advanced from Amazon it won't have warranty due to maybe not being an authorized dealer. True/false?? I'm in central NC, can someone recommend a good place to purchase? Any online places that's more reputable than others? Thanks..
I purchased mine from Drones Ect. on amazon, my phone/tablet holder would not lock into place anymore a week or so after purchase, & they sent me a new holder next day air, great company... & their an authorized dealer.

When you say NC is this an abbreviation for North Carolina? If I were you, and NC does stand for North Carolina, I would buy from an authorized dealer on amazon, that way not only do you get a guaranteed 30 day Warranty from Amazon you get the piece of mind if you get a lemon you will get a new one free next day shipping. I wouldn't go buying from anywhere else, just buy from Amazon, you can't go wrong.

Here is the list of authorized sellers, cross reference this list with anyone you buy from or Amazon:
Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced - Dealers | DJI - Make sure whoever you are planning on buying from is on that list, or there could be complications down the road.

Last edited:
Would not recommend Bestbuy as they are not an authorized dealer, DJI will not honor your warranty if purchased there.

How is Bestbuy able to sell them then? They are coming straight from DJI,So I would assume they are authorized resellers?

How is Bestbuy able to sell them then? They are coming straight from DJI,So I would assume they are authorized resellers?
Anyone can get a P3 & sell it, unfortunately it doesn't mean they are an authorized seller. If the seller is not on that list DJI will NOT honor your Warrenty.

Also, there is no way to tell if they are coming straight from DJI, but even if they are they would still not be considered an authorized seller.

bought mine off Amazon, newest version based on information here, I didn't check about authorized seller, said it was fulfilled by Amazon sold by MH Gear... oh well

Anyone can get a P3 & sell it, unfortunately it doesn't mean they are an authorized seller. If the seller is not on that list DJI will NOT honor your Warrenty.

Also, there is no way to tell if they are coming straight from DJI, but even if they are they would still not be considered an authorized seller.

I work at Bestbuy,they come out of a warehouse in LA which I thought was the warehouse for DJI. I could be wrong. I agree I don't see BB on the authorized reseller list,I just can't believe a big chain like Bestbuy isn't an authorized reseller,especially with all the advertising they have been pushing with them lately.

I work at Bestbuy,they come out of a warehouse in LA which I thought was the warehouse for DJI. I could be wrong. I agree I don't see BB on the authorized reseller list,I just can't believe a big chain like Bestbuy isn't an authorized reseller,especially with all the advertising they have been pushing with them lately.
DJI may own BestBuy :D:D

So I just contacted DJI LA and spoke with a gentleman,He said yes Bestbuy is an authorized reseller and you will in fact have warranty with DJI. So im assuming since Bestbuy just started carrying the DJI brand they just havent updated the list yet.

Check out GI-Drones.com as well...new, but very motivated to make your purchase and support experience a good one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik