Purchased the DBS ITELITE Antenna Mod for P3S...

Reaction score
Hey drone owners, I'm new here. I actually been reading alot of stuff on these forums before deciding to create a account. You guys have been really helpful on a few questions or concerns I've had, so thanks btw.

Anyways... I purchased the ITELITE Antenna mod kit for the P3S. Before, Clear line of sight, Open field, Little to no additional WiFi interface (that I know of) and I was getting about 1000-1300 feet distance with full Radio control but with glitchy Video feedback and sometimes the Grey screen of Mystery. Now, after I installed my antenna (wich I have recorded a how to vid) The best I was able to get was 2700 feet distance with full controls and somewhat choppy video feed. Now.....
If I Purchase a 2.4GHz and a 5.8Ghz WiFi Booster, for that set-up, how many Boosters would I need? X2 2.4Ghz and 1 5.8Ghz, Vice Versa, or 1and1? And how much distance increase would I expect to see?
(For Vacations and sailing
abroad btw:D)
Any help or advise would be great.
✊
Thanks

Not sure. I'm interested in this mod your doing so keep us posted and your how to vid.

Not sure. I'm interested in this mod your doing so keep us posted and your how to vid.

I did the mod a few days ago and got over 10,000 ft in an open field, and double my distance from stock in a wifi congested area.

OP, boosters would help, but i wouldnt get boosters until you figure out whats going on with the dbs antenna. Did you double check all connections? Are you in an open field when testing? What was your stock distance?

OP, boosters would help, but i wouldnt get boosters until you figure out whats going on with the dbs antenna. Did you double check all connections? Are you in an open field when testing? What was your stock distance?

Yes, open field. Stock distance was 800 ft before I would start losing video feed

boosters would help, but i wouldnt get boosters until you figure out whats going on with the dbs antenna. Did you double check all connections?

All good! One more question, if I installed a booster for the 2.4GHz channel, would I need to purchase 2 separate boosters or just 1 booster and run some sort of a splitter? I can't seem to find any pictures to see examples

All good! One more question, if I installed a booster for the 2.4GHz channel, would I need to purchase 2 separate boosters or just 1 booster and run some sort of a splitter? I can't seem to find any pictures to see examples

According to fpvcustoms.com (6th picture in link), it looks like 1 booster for 5.8, 1 booster for 2.4, i cant see close enough to see if they are using a splitter. You should email them and ask if they are using a splitter.

PHANTOM 3 STANDARD ADVANCED ANTENNA KIT INCLUDES PRIORITY SHIPPING

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1