Purchase, suggestions, help and bird encounters

Reaction score
Thanks so much to all of you that have responded to my questions and who recommended my purchase of the 3 standard. I have had zero issues so far and have been up over a month. The toughest part is learning to trust the screen and minimize looking up for the drone. I've been very happy with the purchase. I live in Hannibal, Missouri on the Mississippi and flew about 3/4 across the other day. When I hit 2,200 feet it said the device was out of range (although it did not show that on my iphone screen-odd) and I'm having an absolute blast with it. The only bad experience was yesterday on the riverfront when the drone was surrounded by about 40 birds. They were flying all around it but did not make contact. Those of you who know about this please tell me: were they being curious? Were they being aggressive? Should I have panicked? I landed the drone immediately and the birds hung around for about 15 minutes so I packed up and went home.

Thanks in advance for any comments or thoughts.

Birds: their brains aren't big, but their instinct to protect their territory is. Along with the fact that they should be considered a kinetic item hitting you with relevant force that will most likely cause an over compensated reaction from the avionics and splash you rather quickly.
Last week on a Drone Base mission I launched to get the ortho shot of property and was immediately surrounded by 5 falcons. They are common here in Oklahoma. I brought my bird back down and waited for about 15 minutes when they lost interest. Launched again and 3 returned but maintained higher altitude than me and let me fly. I literally believe that they were in control of the situation as they circled above observing. It was kind of nerve wracking. Creepy...and I was kind of glancing around for Alfred Hitchcock (only some will understand that).

Birds: their brains aren't big, but their instinct to protect their territory is. Along with the fact that they should be considered a kinetic item hitting you with relevant force that will most likely cause an over compensated reaction from the avionics and splash you rather quickly.
Last week on a Drone Base mission I launched to get the ortho shot of property and was immediately surrounded by 5 falcons. They are common here in Oklahoma. I brought my bird back down and waited for about 15 minutes when they lost interest. Launched again and 3 returned but maintained higher altitude than me and let me fly. I literally believe that they were in control of the situation as they circled above observing. It was kind of nerve wracking. Creepy...and I was kind of glancing around for Alfred Hitchcock (only some will understand that).

That will be scared as hell to see five falcons surrounding my drone.

The crow is said to be one of the most intelligent creatures on earth. My mother had a crow in her area that would land on you and ask for candy. Some one trained it, but it few wild. You heard of the picking order? A bird may pick you to show you they are the dominant bird. When my parrot is misbehaving, I put him on a lower level than my head. It humbles him. That shows him I am the top bird. The falcons were mainly showing who is dominant.

Thanks, I figured that was the case. I didn't want to lose the drone. Thanks for your time and response!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj