Pulpit Rock Colorado Springs, CO

Reaction score
I went out to pulpit rock recently and got some video.

Nice view!

Great video, this inspired me to go get some footage with my P3S at Pulpit Rock this past weekend.

Do you know of any clubs/groups who get together or share info on places to fly around the Springs? So many places I'd like to fly at are restricted (Garden of the Gods, Red Rock Canyon Open Space, North Slope Recreation Area, etc.). It would be great to learn of more options around the Springs.

Thanks!

Since you guys posted ur video of Pulpit rock, I figured I'd post my near collision with the rock. My RTH wasn't set high enough and I lost connection behind the rock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heh, Been there, done that... I lost connection when I tried a POI orbit around it. Even at max 400 ft relative altitude the Rock blocked the signal.

You might find that flying from the parking lot south of the Harley dealership on Nevada is more convenient and you get direct line of sight to the more photogenic side of Pulpit Rock. At 400 ft you're still only clearing the top of the Rock by maybe 30 ft from the parking lot though, so I wouldn't fly behind it from there either.

Flying from there also gives line of sight to fly to the south end where there are also some kinda cool rock formations.

If you walk up the earthen berm on the east side of that parking lot and launch from there you'll also gain maybe 20 ft of altitude to give a little more wiggle room.

Sent from my LG V-10 using the PhantomPilots app for Android.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj