pulling back on the sticks is cutting out motors

Reaction score
havving moved from a vision plus i have noticed that if i pull back on the throttle stick it cutts out the motors.it literall only has to be at the bottom for 1 second.(trying this without props on.so me have said that this will only happen if on the ground .and not in the air,but did want to try it in the air as will cause a crash.so can this be adjusted some how.have tried calibrating the hand set. its like it needs to be trimmed forward to have to wait approx 3 second before cutting the motors as with the p2

havving moved from a vision plus i have noticed that if i pull back on the throttle stick it cutts out the motors.it literall only has to be at the bottom for 1 second.(trying this without props on.so me have said that this will only happen if on the ground .and not in the air,but did want to try it in the air as will cause a crash.so can this be adjusted some how.have tried calibrating the hand set. its like it needs to be trimmed forward to have to wait approx 3 second before cutting the motors as with the p2
Your P3 behaves just like the P2. Holding the throttle stick in the full down position is not going to shut down the motors until three seconds after the bird stops moving.

You're gonna love that new P3!

Reactions: snowghost
DJI even explain it in the manual.
i-ZhRNmjb-L.jpg

Only a CSC will kill the motors instantly in the air.

Suddently stop - its fooked, send it back to us for 30% off - Chinglish! ffs it's only a $1.5k 'toy' - let's have a proper manual you twunts

Can I have some more 'sore finger' on my fish n chips please :D (uk peeps will know)

Suddently stop - its fooked, send it back to us for 30% off - Chinglish! ffs it's only a $1.5k 'toy' - let's have a proper manual you twunts

Can I have some more 'sore finger' on my fish n chips please :D (uk peeps will know)
LOL

You CANNOT evaluate controls or stick response when the Phantom is tied to the ground or without props.

The MC is expecting feedback from the IMU and other sensors to evaluate the commanded action(s).

Trust what others have said.

well it was todays flight and guess what,30m up pull back on throttle stick to the bottom and what happened...........
if you pull back on the throttle stick 100 % it will descend and not shut the motors off. Listen and don't talk-- these guys have thousands of hours flying Phantoms-- Cheers and welcome to the Forum:):)

well bobmyer. i race rc buggies and have for over 30 years and never had so much interferance experianced by myself and others than with 2.4g tx.no you can get interference with 2.4 people say.well ive seen plenty of racers hit the wall at the end of the straight and breaking £500 woth of car because of it. so my ask is not to much i think(that why we have forums isnt it.) in stating what i have tried and making sure(before i find out the hard way )my new p3 and hard earned money to have some pleasure is too much.not to be told to shut and listen.

well bobmyer. i race rc buggies and have for over 30 years and never had so much interferance experianced by myself and others than with 2.4g tx.no you can get interference with 2.4 people say.well ive seen plenty of racers hit the wall at the end of the straight and breaking £500 woth of car because of it. so my ask is not to much i think(that why we have forums isnt it.) in stating what i have tried and making sure(before i find out the hard way )my new p3 and hard earned money to have some pleasure is too much.not to be told to shut and listen.
Please don't make assumptions, these lads are trying to help you, when I say listen-- I am not trying to shut you up-- only to let you know that these guys are trying to help you-- not mislead you. You can make the choice whether to listen or offer your own theory-- but then there is not point in asking, if you don't believe what you are hearing.

With regard to interference, it is highly unlikely that you had interference cause your motors to stop when you pulled back on the left stick. To my knowledge that would be a first report on this forum. If your performed a CSC yes, but moving the left stick all the way back, unlikely.:):)

I should add, in the event that what you say is happening really is, you should have followed up with DJI or your retailer immediately. Remember you CANNOT test this while the model is on the ground, the engines WILL cut off when you pull the left control down. If it is flying it will descend first and then cut the engines.

ok my rant is over.but firstly i did say this in another thread and did not think it was in the right thread so started another in the correct section. secondly i was getting some misleding info from some people.thirdly the part about tx intereference was nothing to do with motor cutting out,just mearly saying that some people dont dont what they are talkin about when i come to tech stuff and only guess.just wanted the confidence from other that know what they are talking about in sted of me sticking the p3 in the ground.going off that i flew it seeral times today and think that there was quite enough descent from stick input not to actually need to pull full back on the sticks.i would like to thank you for your time and patience,but i dont spend £1200 every day to whack it in the ground.when i onl need to ask.regards

Reactions: bobmyers
ok my rant is over.but firstly i did say this in another thread and did not think it was in the right thread so started another in the correct section. secondly i was getting some misleding info from some people.thirdly the part about tx intereference was nothing to do with motor cutting out,just mearly saying that some people dont dont what they are talkin about when i come to tech stuff and only guess.just wanted the confidence from other that know what they are talking about in sted of me sticking the p3 in the ground.going off that i flew it seeral times today and think that there was quite enough descent from stick input not to actually need to pull full back on the sticks.i would like to thank you for your time and patience,but i dont spend £1200 every day to whack it in the ground.when i onl need to ask.regards

A little info on descent for you -- If you are up 500 mts and are running low on battery, the P3 will come down about 10 mts per second in a controlled descent with the left stick all the way back and will not go out of control due to prop turbulence. Kind of scary at first until you get used to it, but it works if you need to descend quickly. Of course you would back off the stick when you get close enough to land.

Again, welcome to the Forum!!:)

many thanx. it was a bit daunting to try it out on the ground and shut off straight away,this is why i asked the q's.i dont normally leave it late to rth.i usually leave plenty of time.gives me peice of mine.cheers

Reactions: Jeff48920
well it was todays flight and guess what,30m up pull back on throttle stick to the bottom and what happened...........
...... Please continue the story. Did it come down gradually as advised or with a mighty thump as feared?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav