pulled firmware too soon

Reaction score
loaded firmware 1.2.6 today. Got a series of tones after 12-13 minutes so I thought it was complete. I was wrong. .txt message indicated "synchronizing" thus I infer it was not complete. checked a few youtube posts and a few guys warned that you'd get a few more warbles, whistles, bleeps etc. on this download. Sooo, I figured okay load it again. Now getting a steady loud beep beep unlike any of the previous firmware updates and camera setting cocked down and left and acting kinda twitchy. Quietly, (can be heard just beneath the louder beeping) I can hear a sound like the normal cadence of firmware being updated, unfortunately I noticed the battery is low so I chickened out and de-energized to recharge the battery. Will try again this evening with full battery. Anyone else done this? Secured system before firmware was complete?

loaded firmware 1.2.6 today. Got a series of tones after 12-13 minutes so I thought it was complete. I was wrong. .txt message indicated "synchronizing" thus I infer it was not complete. checked a few youtube posts and a few guys warned that you'd get a few more warbles, whistles, bleeps etc. on this download. Sooo, I figured okay load it again. Now getting a steady loud beep beep unlike any of the previous firmware updates and camera setting cocked down and left and acting kinda twitchy. Quietly, (can be heard just beneath the louder beeping) I can hear a sound like the normal cadence of firmware being updated, unfortunately I noticed the battery is low so I chickened out and de-energized to recharge the battery. Will try again this evening with full battery. Anyone else done this? Secured system before firmware was complete?

Jason

Wish you had been on the forum before you updated, then you probably wouldn't. Search out the threads and I will think you will see the issues. the answers will come , the question is when-- but you may not like what you hear.:(:(:(:(:(.. if you had 1.1.9, probably should have stayed there. 50-50 hindsight.

Sorry you didn't get here sooner-- :(

Anyway ,Wel:)come-- search the threads on this issue and then ask your questions. The lads will try to help you figure it out. :)

Reactions: jason197190
Format the SD card. Put the bin file back on and put thard in the bird. Turn it on and put it someplace where the loud beeping won't bother you. It will finally load. Can take 35-45 minutes.

Reactions: jason197190
yep, battery charged, came back with loaded chip and listened pensively for about 20-30 minutes of the louder beep but still heard the undertones of regular software load. A final death bleep then camera jerked back to life, 10 more minutes of regular software load, did an evening flight with son. Did keep getting an error message flashing across the top that escapes me now, but it was entirely stable in various demonstrations to friends.

Did you update controller as well? Apparently you have to update them at the same time or they can get of sync/cause unbending. maybe that was error that you have to update controller?

I would never be one to insinuate that there are probably "many" that pull the plug too soon on the firmware update process, thus introducing many other problems into the craft. Perhaps there will be someone else that "would" insinuate that. ;)

Reactions: acherman
Jason

Wish you had been on the forum before you updated, then you probably wouldn't. Search out the threads and I will think you will see the issues. the answers will come , the question is when-- but you may not like what you hear.:(:(:(:(:(.. if you had 1.1.9, probably should have stayed there. 50-50 hindsight.

Sorry you didn't get here sooner-- :(

Anyway ,Wel:)come-- search the threads on this issue and then ask your questions. The lads will try to help you figure it out. :)

Thx for the welcome Texas. Yeah seems all okay now, one nagging intermittent message about "gimbal motor overload" but digging thru other threads on that as well.

Did you update controller as well? Apparently you have to update them at the same time or they can get of sync/cause unbending. maybe that was error that you have to update controller?

Yes, did the controller as well, same time, same version. Thx for the tip

Format the SD card. Put the bin file back on and put thard in the bird. Turn it on and put it someplace where the loud beeping won't bother you. It will finally load. Can take 35-45 minutes.

Did as you advised. Seems to have taken. Have been getting an intermittent warning regarding "gimbal motor overload" however, believe that is a whole other thread I can chase to figure out from this rev. software. Thx the tip Arizona.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers