Video unavailable

• Thread starter Deleted member 108945
  • Start date
Good video and I like the story behind it. It looks to be a good fortification.

I have wondered if the tactics that Hitler did, would have worked against castles. When engaging the enemy, why attack the stronghold and lose so many men. Just take the land around the castle, if they come out of the castle then fight them. You want to take over the country, who cares about the small piece of land that the castle is on.

Good video and I like the story behind it. It looks to be a good fortification.

I have wondered if the tactics that Hitler did, would have worked against castles. When engaging the enemy, why attack the stronghold and lose so many men. Just take the land around the castle, if they come out of the castle then fight them. You want to take over the country, who cares about the small piece of land that the castle is on.

Thanks for your nice comments about the video!

I'm not a historian, or anything like that, but I think that most of the time, castles were built in strategic areas to prevent the enemy go through mountain passes, rivers, ... From the castle, or its surroundings, the enemies could be attacked from an elevated area and with much advantage.
Almost every castle was provided with source of water and food to last several months, enough time for help to arrive