Proud new owner of a P3 Pro.

Reaction score
Hello all!

First off, let me thank everyone here... I've had most of my questions answered just searching the posts and being someone who's part of a lot of forums I really enjoy the overall feel of this community. I am an active car guy and I can't wait to take this bad boy out to some car shows and get some awesome footage. I currently a few questions that I can't really get a solid answer and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

1) I live in a pretty metropolitan area and my range is pretty poor what would be the best way to boost my range? Anywhere near San Jose CA that can help me out? Don't really feel comfortable doing any surgery on my own equipment.

2)What are the major differences between flight modes (P A F)?

3)Can the camera record sound? Any way to get better view flying at night?

4)On my DJI GO app it says everything needs to be upgraded and I can't figure out how to do that, is it necessary?

Also is there any must do mods, upgrades, or things I should do or look into?

Thanks again!
-Robert

Hello all!

First off, let me thank everyone here... I've had most of my questions answered just searching the posts and being someone who's part of a lot of forums I really enjoy the overall feel of this community. I am an active car guy and I can't wait to take this bad boy out to some car shows and get some awesome footage. I currently a few questions that I can't really get a solid answer and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

1) I live in a pretty metropolitan area and my range is pretty poor what would be the best way to boost my range? Anywhere near San Jose CA that can help me out? Don't really feel comfortable doing any surgery on my own equipment.

2)What are the major differences between flight modes (P A F)?

3)Can the camera record sound? Any way to get better view flying at night?

4)On my DJI GO app it says everything needs to be upgraded and I can't figure out how to do that, is it necessary?

Also is there any must do mods, upgrades, or things I should do or look into?

Thanks again!
-Robert
#3 no
#4 download the latest firmware from the DJI website to your desktop computer, uncompress the file and follow the directions in the PDF file to update the bird, batteries and controller.

Eh, I smile while I read this. Ah, thankfully you bought a quad copter and not a submachine gun.
You need to READ ! The ! Flight ! Manual ! ;-) flight Modes are defined.
The Phantom 3, has no Mic for recording an audio track.
Here's the info, on your updating procedure.
& Downloads for the FirmWare
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

Any questions feel free to ask.

Have Fun. Happy landings.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: clkilljoy
All over it red hot! Guess I just need to get some insight on boosting signal

1: Poor range? what figure please?
2: It is explained in the manual and probably well documented on Youtube. (for now P is your way to go)
3: No sound on the camera. (sound is useless as all what you can hear is the propellers noise.)
4: I don't do upgrades unless I am convinced of a benefit. I am flying a 1.1.9 FW and so far none of the FW upgrades has brought anything but lots of questions. Do what you want, personally I prefer flying my Phantoms than having them plugged to internet everytime DJI has a new idea to test.

Fly it, have fun! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20