Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Protecting camera lens of P2V+

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by dbcch, Apr 20, 2014.

1. dbcch

On the P2V, I installed the lens filter kit just so I could protect the lens from scratches. I don't like scratches. Pretty **** about them really ;p.

Since there is no lens filter kit for the P2V+, at least at this time (and maybe ever), what options do I have that don't degrade picture quality?

I'm going to fly at the beach for the first time, so am more concerned about this than usual.

2. PhilAnderson

Living In The Woods Of Beautiful Bonney Lake, WA
    Excellent point. In a different thread, someone suggested cutting a hole in the lens protector and gluing/taping a small filter in there. I don't like that idea much, but as of now, it's all we've got, I think.

3. Scottrod

I'm definitely hoping that they release a lens filter holder for the P2V+. Made things a lot easier as far as protecting the camera.