Prospective Phantom Pilot from Auckland New Zealand (Middle Earth)

Reaction score
Hi Phantom Pilots,

Ive been lurking around this forum for a little while and decided to post an introductory thread.

Im come from Auckland, New Zealand (middle earth) and have largely been an RC truck fan all this time. I only own the Traxxas VXL 4x4 Stampede and have had hours of fun since getting it.

Through my interest in my other hobby of photography that i started finding out more about UAVs / Drone aerial photography. I've been stuck in research mode (over a month) ever since discovering some of the stunning photos that members are posting up here.

I have acquired quite a lot of information to date through reading user manuals (P3P), local laws around UAVs and the differences between the various Phantom models. Im looking at purchasing the P3P at this stage as i am concerned about splashing that much money on the P4 especially since im a beginner.

If you live around here or just want to say hi, please do post a response. For the local kiwis, if you have any recommendation on clubs that deals in aerial photography, please do post any referrals if you have them.

See you folks more in these forums!

I'm in the US but visited Auckland and the south island several years ago. It's probably the nicest place I've been. What a beautiful country you have there. Flying a drone would be awesome...post pics!

Reactions: Raftcomm
Thanks. I definitely will be. There are nearby neighbourhoods that I find quite stunning just looking at it as they are lifestyle blocks nicely embedded on a hill side. Their neighbours are a few acres away. Really looking forward to posting more photos of the real middle earth. [emoji6]

Hi Phantom Pilots,

Ive been lurking around this forum for a little while and decided to post an introductory thread.

Im come from Auckland, New Zealand (middle earth) and have largely been an RC truck fan all this time. I only own the Traxxas VXL 4x4 Stampede and have had hours of fun since getting it.

Through my interest in my other hobby of photography that i started finding out more about UAVs / Drone aerial photography. I've been stuck in research mode (over a month) ever since discovering some of the stunning photos that members are posting up here.

I have acquired quite a lot of information to date through reading user manuals (P3P), local laws around UAVs and the differences between the various Phantom models. Im looking at purchasing the P3P at this stage as i am concerned about splashing that much money on the P4 especially since im a beginner.

If you live around here or just want to say hi, please do post a response. For the local kiwis, if you have any recommendation on clubs that deals in aerial photography, please do post any referrals if you have them.

See you folks more in these forums!

New Zealand is amazing! I am intending to do one move uav course which will be UAV Pilot course in Massey University very soon!

If you go for a P3P you will never regreat it, i own one of them, its a great flying machine! There are various autonomous features that make us realise how impressive the P3P machine is!

Good luck with your purchase, mate!

Hi there!

I think a P3P will be enough if you just started, it'll basically give you the same results! Great country you live in, it has some stunning (and really diverse) scenery.

Hope to see something from you from air soon. I visited New Zealand 2 months ago for a period of 2 months ( backpacking all the way through). I did not bring a drone, but did bring my GH4 and shot all beautiful scenery in 4K. If you're interested:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Would be awesome to see same locations from your drone:).

Have fun!

Reactions: Joshua Carillo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers