pros and cons to set RTH to device

Reaction score
As the title says, but more interested in the cons of setting(or changing in flight) the home point to the device instead of the "recorded" home point.
There are times I would like to walk to a different location while in flight to get better signal, or to get in the shade :)
Any bad experiences? Thanks, Gary

As long as your current location is accurately represented on the map in DJI GO (shown as a blue dot), you can safely reset the home point to your current location mid-flight.

213110ogtnp9esrpxxggrz.png.jpg

Reactions: GWTX
interested in the cons of setting(or changing in flight) the home point to the device instead of the "recorded" home point. There are times I would like to walk to a different location while in flight to get better signal, or to get in the shade.
My tablet is wifi only, and seldom do I connect it to internet.
Gary, are you still using a WiFi only device? If so and if its a WiFi only iPad, you won't be able to set the home point to the device location since WiFi only iPads do not have the required GPS.

Reactions: GWTX
Gary, are you still using a WiFi only device? If so and if its a WiFi only iPad, you won't be able to set the home point to the device location since WiFi only iPads do not have the required GPS.
My tablet is wifi only, and seldom do I connect it to internet
Don't remember where or when I made that statement. Probably poorly worded, sorry. My tab is a Samsung Tab A - 8". It has GPS. What I think I meant was , it stays on wifi /airplane mode because I don't want djigo to be updated. I'm rolled back to 2.8.1
The area I fly in has good GPS strength (15-16 sats), so it should be OK.
I do appreciate the "catch" there, I need all the help I can get,,,at this stage in life :)

Reactions: godrocksu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1