Propulsion output limited warning

Reaction score
I did a search first and didn't see anything about this, so I'm going to ask here.

I fear this post will be in vain because I didn't fully see exactly what the warning was, but yesterday as I was flying around, I was full stick forward so I was going maximum speed I suppose. Some text in the form of what I assume was a warning appeared on my FPV for just a second or two, not long enough for me to really catch it all, but what appeared to be "maximum thrust", or "Maximum forward thrust", or something like that. Like I said, it was just too quick for me to quite catch it.

It did not affect the flight or control in any way. I continued the flight and landed safely a few minutes later. Has anyone else seen a warning like this, and can you tell me exactly what I saw? (or almost saw). :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I did a search first and didn't see anything about this, so I'm going to ask here.

I fear this post will be in vain because I can't remember exactly what the warning was, but yesterday as I was flying around, I was full stick forward so I was going maximum speed I suppose. Some text in the form of what I assume was a warning appeared on my FPV for just a second or two, not long enough for me to really catch it all, but what appeared to be "maximum thrust", or "Maximum forward thrust", or something like that. Like I said, it was just too quick for me to quite catch it.

It did not affect the flight or control in any way. I continued the flight and landed safely a few minutes later. Has anyone else seen a warning like this, and can you tell me exactly what I saw? (or almost saw). :rolleyes:
Yes I've had this warning in the past, similar to your situation except I was in POI mode. The warning popped up for a split second and went away. The rest of the flight was fine. I assume I was just pushing the quad too hard.

Reactions: Great_Lakes
Do you mean propulsion reduced? Happens if your battery is getting low or the battery is not up to full temperature when applying full throttle.

edit
I think it is call "propulsion limited"

I'm guessing this will appear when your battery volts are dropping to an unsafe point. Reducing the throttle will keep from reaching that point. You really should monitor the battery volts while in flight pretty much more then anything else. Set the volts to display on fpv and don't allow them turn totally red in color.

Reactions: Reed L
I'm guessing this will appear when your battery volts are dropping to an unsafe point. Reducing the throttle will keep from reaching that point. You really should monitor the battery volts while in flight pretty much more then anything else. Set the volts to display on fpv and don't allow them turn totally red in color.
When I received the error my voltage was showing yellow, might have been right on the brink of red though.

No, that wasn't it. I'm sure I saw "Thrust" in there for that split second.

I can tell you exactly what it said if you upload the .txt file from the FlightRecorder folder on the device used for the GO app.

That's good advice. Also, that kind of information (the error) would be in the flight data right? If I could remember the exact wording, I'd look it up.

PD. looks like our posts crossed paths flyNfrank. where can I find the folder on my iphone 6?

Ok,
Do you mean propulsion reduced? Happens if your battery is getting low or the battery is not up to full temperature when applying full throttle.

edit
I think it is call "propulsion limited"

You were right Trackman1! I just played back the flight on the GO app and it says: "Propulsion output limited. Aircraft motility has been lowered" (I was way off thinking it said "thrust" Same concept though!" Lol The battery was not cold, and I started the flight with a full charge, but it was getting towards the end of the flight - 26%.

Another question answered and mystery solved by the fine people of phantompilots.com!

That's good advice. Also, that kind of information (the error) would be in the flight data right? If I could remember the exact wording, I'd look it up.

PD. looks like our posts crossed paths flyNfrank. where can I find the folder on my iphone 6?

You only need the info up to the point where here copies the files to his Documents folder. Then grab the last last flight you flew and place it in a folder and zip it. Then attach(upload) the zipped folder to a post here in this forum the same way you would attach a image. (This info is for ios devices only)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj