Propulsion out of spec warning go app

Reaction score
I had a warning pop up in my go app,,"Propulsion out of spec" appeared while flying. Everything seems normal, no crashes/hard landings or cracks. any thoughts why this warning appeared? thanks Jim

Are you sure it isn't "Propulsion Output Limited" ?
Happens when cell voltage drops to 3.5v.
Yes...now when i think about it...it said limited and not spec.. Does this mean my battery is bad. I was at 70 % when message appeared

Yes...now when i think about it...it said limited and not spec.. Does this mean my battery is bad. I was at 70 % when message appeared
This message appears when battery is unable to maintain voltage to supply the required current.

One of such conditions is to use batteries in extremely cold conditions and try to exert load on motors. Other conditions could be that battery was not fully charged but internal battery voltage rose due to capacitive effect and when battery got loaded, voltage dipped beyond expected value and you got an alarming message. This is speculation as I really don't know the actual state of your battery. But yes issue was definitely originated from the the battery in use.

Reactions: Jim Gordon
Jim. Go into the battery screen and turn on "show voltage" option. Then you will see the voltage of the lowest cell on the camera screen. It will turn amber, and if you don't back off the throttle, Red.
I have flown a lot in amber state during winter. If it turns red I back of throttle.

These battery's seem to have a hard time keeping up to demand unless they are 40c or more.
Especially when they have gotten down to 50% or less.

It doesn't hurt to look at your flight record in Msingers log viewer and/or healthy drones viewer.
If there is another problem it might show up there.

Reactions: Jim Gordon
Thank you gentleman. Your response in regards to this situation was informational. I think the limit warning was due to I didn't fly for 6 days, and I should have made sure battery was fully charged. I charged battery full and did a test flight and no limit warning this time. Thank you all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers