Props

Most prefer the standard DJI props - the carbon fibre blades are more dangerous if they happen to hit somebody. And also in a crash, it's best if the cheap prop breaks rather than something more expensive such as a motor, an ESC, etc.

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
I've used only the DJI "carbon reinforced" blades, and haven't noticed any difference in flight characteristics, but they do seem less fragile. I've managed to chip two tips and subsequently filed and rebalanced them. The standard blades would've certainly broken during the encounters.

I use DJI reinforced CF blades and see no issues. In fact they look cool to me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have searched and there are many opinions. I think I will stay with DJI blades. I check them after every flight for stress cracks and deformation.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have the DJI CF reinforced blades and I honestly don't notice the difference. Mine weren't balanced though. The 2 silver hub props were way out.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi guys,
I'm new here. Could somebody use foldable props (any plastic/ carbon ) on P3 Pro.
As I want easy to carry my one.
Thanks in advance.

Not sure if any are even available, but I woul, personally, never use them. That's just adding 8 more potential mechanical failure points! If you really don't want to transport your bird with the props in position, just take them off! Many cases and backpacks are designed to carry without the props and a lot of the pilots here do it all the time. And putting them back on and checking them wouldn't take any longer than unfolding and checking foldable ones.

Reactions: kzhtun
I agree with @Mark The Droner -- I see these as the same as "crumple zones" in a modern car body design -- a point of failure where you WANT the energy of a crash to be absorbed/dissipated so it isn't somewhere else in the drone. So long as blades perform, they should be as fragile as possible.

I know this sounds weird, but is actually much safer for your drone. There is a lot of torque a those motors, and its better if the blade snaps when it hits something rather than staying intact and causing the drone instead to spin hard and smack something (usually the same thing the blade is hitting).

Props are cheap. Motors, shells, cameras, gimbals -- less so.

Reactions: tman1972 and kzhtun
I agree with @Mark The Droner -- I see these as the same as "crumple zones" in a modern car body design -- a point of failure where you WANT the energy of a crash to be absorbed/dissipated so it isn't somewhere else in the drone. So long as blades perform, they should be as fragile as possible.

I know this sounds weird, but is actually much safer for your drone. There is a lot of torque a those motors, and its better if the blade snaps when it hits something rather than staying intact and causing the drone instead to spin hard and smack something (usually the same thing the blade is hitting).

Props are cheap. Motors, shells, cameras, gimbals -- less so.

Answered my question and great point! Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31