Props Vs. Flights

Reaction score
Maybe I'm the odd man out or just lucky. With Phantom 1 I had no crashes and my props lasted for months. On Phantom 2 I'm on flight #62 (using 3 batteries) and I'm still on my original set of props. Are they in perfect shape? No, a few very minor dings from bugs but that has not effected flying. I keep reading about people who are burning thru sets of props.....I don't get it. Either I'm a really good pilot or dam lucky. :lol: And yes I do have (4) brand new extra sets.......just in case

Same here, lots of flights on same props just bug residue on the props and upper shell. I take off and land from the corner of a wood table about 3' off the ground.

I broke one on my first flight. Tried to land on the case lol. That remains the only damage from 17 flights now. I purchased spares after that inceident. I thought I would bust more, but I hand catch most of the time. Especially when I take off in sand or gravel. Props do have bug guts on them.

I'm still on the first set of 4 props that came with the phantom. 3 months and probably 75+ flights and they're still performing fine. No crashes or wonky behavior. They ARE covered in bug blood though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie