Props for P3

Reaction score
I have heard the P3 needs composite hub props. This true? Also while Im at it, I have been looking at prop upgrades. Mainly CF. I came across T-Motor. Now I spoke to one of the distributors for T-Motor and he said the Pro and the Antigravity are not efficient props but are the best props he has seen. I told him I wanted more battery life and faster speeds and he said because they are 9x3 props, they will not do those things for me. I am looking for a GOOD BALANCED CF prop. Any ideas? I will not be buying those POS props off E-bay so no need to mention LOL.

The P3 uses these props (with composite hubs).

I always recommend people use OEM DJI props and motors. They just always seems to work best. Also, you will most likely void some or potentially all of your warranty if you use non OEM parts.

Last edited:
What about CF props? Im looking for a balanced CF prop. Not interested in OEM because there are no CF props DJI offers for the P3. They have the E300 but its not a 9450.

It's not a good idea to use non OEM props. It's your Phantom though, so do what makes you happy ;)

Basically I dont need to be told to stick with the OEMs or DJIs. I want to know what CF props are good. And they have to be balanced. And I want to know if thats true what I said about the T-motor. And because the nylon props are nylon, they flex whereas the CF props do not flex as much

There you go. $80. Please report any flight time tests that you do with it. I've tried CF in the past and they were all terrible vs the stock DJI ones.

I am on the phone with them now. They are expensive as hell but they are balanced already and thats for 4 of them. So its in the price range of the t-motors. WIll have them tomorrow and will report findings

Ordered with overnight shipping. He also told me they have composite hubs. He grabbed a set and looked. I just hope these are not e-bay ones with their name on it LOL $15 for overnight shipping FedEx

I have heard the P3 needs composite hub props. This true? Also while Im at it, I have been looking at prop upgrades. Mainly CF. I came across T-Motor. Now I spoke to one of the distributors for T-Motor and he said the Pro and the Antigravity are not efficient props but are the best props he has seen. I told him I wanted more battery life and faster speeds and he said because they are 9x3 props, they will not do those things for me. I am looking for a GOOD BALANCED CF prop. Any ideas? I will not be buying those POS props off E-bay so no need to mention LOL.

Every few months this same type thread appears.
The Phantoms were not designed for CF props.

Give the engineers some credit for properly matching the power and propulsion systems.

The P2s are a little heavy (they drop when going into Manual mode @ 50%) so it remains to be seen if the same is for the P3.

They're good for static bling (esp. the tri-blades)!

Reactions: Meta4
They even have quad blades too. I dont know how efficient the tri and quad blades are thou. Im a little scared to put those on. I could imagine they channel alot more wind.

I would definitely spend the money on BETTER props
The idea of upgrading your Phantom or improving it with the simple addition of some flashy aftermarket parts
always seems to attract some new pilots and carbon fibre props are particularly attractive to them.
Despite having no knowledge of aeronautical physics, they assume that DJI engineers never thought of giving the Phantom the best propulsion equipment.

This is very wrong. The DJI stock props are perfectly matched to the aircraft.
Lots have tried but no-one has made any improvements with add-on props.
However if you just search for carbon fibre (or fiber), there are lots of negatives.

They even have quad blades too. I dont know how efficient the tri and quad blades are thou. Im a little scared to put those on. I could imagine they channel alot more wind.

They're less efficient than the OEMs.

The most efficient prop is a mono-blade.

The idea of upgrading your Phantom or improving it with the simple addition of some flashy aftermarket parts
always seems to attract some new pilots and carbon fibre props are particularly attractive to them.
Despite having no knowledge of aeronautical physics, they assume that DJI engineers never thought of giving the Phantom the best propulsion equipment.

This is very wrong. The DJI stock props are perfectly matched to the aircraft.
Lots have tried but no-one has made any improvements with add-on props.
However if you just search for carbon fibre (or fiber), there are lots of negatives.
That is not true what you are saying that basically the oem props are the best for the copter. There has been detailed tests in battery life, hoverability, vibration, and control between the oem and many brands of cf props. There is a YouTube video of the tests. There was increases in all the above with 1 or 2 brands of cf blades

There you go. $80. Please report any flight time tests that you do with it. I've tried CF in the past and they were all terrible vs the stock DJI ones.

I've heard this from tons of people. I didn't ask details. I'm just going to stick with the DJI composite props. Btw, I finally got my P3P today! :)

CF props just don't cut it (well, they will take off a finger with not problem) I tried 3 or 4 brands on my P2 just for S&G but found no performance advantage over the OEM ones. And they shatter if they hit anything at all, with nice sharp little shards flying all over the place, no thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers