Props - carry-on or check-in?

Reaction score
I read some different experiences on carrying on props. What's everyone's experience? Do they give you a hard time for carrying on the props?

I read some different experiences on carrying on props. What's everyone's experience? Do they give you a hard time for carrying on the props?

I checked mine just in case, but I had a lot of clothing in checked bags for a 2 week trip. As noted in the other thread, you never know what the next TSA agent will do. If your goal is to carry on everything, have a backup plan.

Reactions: Utopian
Thanks! When you go through security do you usually take out the batteries from the bag before hand or do you leave them in the bag?

Leave everything in. TSA will decide whether or not to inspect the contents.

Thanks! When you go through security do you usually take out the batteries from the bag before hand or do you leave them in the bag?

Everything stays right in the bag. You only need to remove laptops. However, these days I use pre-TSA. So very nice! :)

I agree, you'd think if you need to remove a laptop that they would have you do something with the done. But they don't.

I've never seen any reported issues with props in carry-on.
The airport security check people are only looking for dangerous items like nail clippers and screwdrivers.
If it's not on their list of prohibited items, you're good to go.

I am just trying to travel with as little hassle as possible until i get the Global Entry status in a few months. That should make the travel much easier.

Hi there, I just got off of a plane yesterday from the west coast to the east coast. No issue with TSA or the airline that I flew with. When though security without a hitch. Drone was in my drone backpack as a carry-on.

A week before my trip, I when to the airport to talk to two TSA agent about taking a drone through security, they said no restriction. I asked about full charge batteries and half charged, no restriction they said. They were more interested in my P4, how long does it fly for? Do I need a license to fly the drone? Told them that I was a drone hobbyist, got a FAA hobbyist certificate thought FAA site.

Happy flying!

I checked mine just in case, but I had a lot of clothing in checked bags for a 2 week trip. As noted in the other thread, you never know what the next TSA agent will do. If your goal is to carry on everything, have a backup plan.

You put your batteries or props in the checked bags....?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi there, I just got off of a plane yesterday from the west coast to the east coast. No issue with TSA or the airline that I flew with. When though security without a hitch. Drone was in my drone backpack as a carry-on.

A week before my trip, I when to the airport to talk to two TSA agent about taking a drone through security, they said no restriction. I asked about full charge batteries and half charged, no restriction they said. They were more interested in my P4, how long does it fly for? Do I need a license to fly the drone? Told them that I was a drone hobbyist, got a FAA hobbyist certificate thought FAA site.

Happy flying!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I definitely feel more comfortable now.

Happy flying!

Quick question, were you able to carry on a regular luggage and drone backpack at the same time?

Yes, carry on size, I had 2 carry on backpacks on my trip , my drone backpack when on the over head compartment and my other backpack was under the seat . Go to your flight web site, there will tell you the size of carry on.
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I had regular check in bags too, had to go to baggage carousel too. One check in bag and two carry on,
Happy flying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20