props breaking

Reaction score
Hi again.
Asking those of you with experience.
will a prop brake if:
tips over grass landing or taking off?
tips over pavement?
gently (not at full head speed) hits a surface? say the side of a house?

THANKS!!

On grass, tipping over will result in particles of grass splattered all over the shell and props. Wipe it down and off you go again.

Tipping over on pavement or gravel will scuff the props, possibly quite badly. Anytime I've had a tip over on hard surfaces, I replace the affected props as I'm not going to risk the aircraft for the sake of some new props.

Not tried flying into the side of a house yet but I think you'd have the same results as the pavement scenario.

How to break a prop? Let me count the ways...

I think grass, pavement, and a building are the only places I have not broken a prop.
I don't have the luxury of seeing much lawn type grass or pavement though.

Gravel, YEP.
Small tree branches, YEP.
Wooden power pole, YEP.
The toe of a boot, YEP.
The rim of a swimming pool, YEP.
And all of that done with prop guards in place, without the string - which I should have replaced.

I would have broken about 20 more than I have if it weren't for the prop guards and string being in place.
Stock FC40, 8050 props are much more durable than the P2 9443 props.
I'll let you know next week how the 9450s hold up.

The colder it gets, the easier they break.
I'm thinking hit a building = break a prop or 2 or 3 or 4.

I'm going to have to build a larger "wall of shame" for all my broken parts. :roll:

iv had about 40 flights now I did scuff my props on gravel
and continued using them because they were not badly scuffed
I don't use prop guards as I don't intend to fly close to anything lol
and I now catch my fc40 rather than land it much easyer now :)

IflyinWY said:
How to break a prop? Let me count the ways...

I think grass, pavement, and a building are the only places I have not broken a prop.
I don't have the luxury of seeing much lawn type grass or pavement though.

Gravel, YEP.
Small tree branches, YEP.
Wooden power pole, YEP.
The toe of a boot, YEP.
The rim of a swimming pool, YEP.
:

You are Stevie Wonder and I claim my £10. :lol:

Hi, got my fc40 the other day.. when im gonna change my props o, what props fits the fc40 other the ones says for fc40? phantom 2? and what propeller should i choose, carbon, balanced or normal? thanks :)

I've never actually broken a prop on mine and I had tipovers in grass, rocks, and pavement. I also clipped a tree branch, went sideways into the grass, into a light pole, and even slammed it into a metal roof while upside down from a decent height, and the only thing I had happen was the props either got scuffed up or bent pretty bad, but they never actually broke (knock on wood).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1