Props and motors... Replace after "X" hours?

Reaction score
Is there a recommended time to replace props and motors after so many hours flight time? I'm discounting after crashes. I'm more concerned with maintenance schedules.

Thanks
Phil

Props can last years if not damaged. BLDC motors can last hundreds of hours. The bearings are the only wearing parts and they can be replaced.

Props can last years if not damaged. BLDC motors can last hundreds of hours. The bearings are the only wearing parts and they can be replaced.
Thanks, that's good to know. Are the bearings something that can be bought of the shelf? Obviously I woulnt buy cheap ones but just wondering if they are a standard size.

Sure they're available, good to know, but you got no worries man.
This is not something you need to be concerned with.

Thanks, that's good to know. Are the bearings something that can be bought of the shelf? Obviously I woulnt buy cheap ones but just wondering if they are a standard size.
Why wouldn't you just install new motors? They are relatively cheap. Trying to install bearings in the motor will just increase chance of failure and waste more time. Changing the bearings on the motors It's like a buying a second hand oil filter for your car.

Sure they're available, good to know, but you got no worries man.
This is not something you need to be concerned with.
Right OK. So I don't need to worry about if a prop cracked and shattered mid flight or bearing failed. That's good to know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31