Proper signal strength meter

Reaction score
To all of the electronic wizard here. I have a question. is there a signal strength meter to check the signal from the RC on both transmit and receiving signal strength? THis is for Phantom 3 P. where can I get it? and what are the ideal values. Thank you in advance.

Proper measuring requires a power meter with a direct connection to RF port.

Field strength meters can measure the field around an antenna but this is subject to the antenna design and surrounding conditions.

If you search for DJI's FCC Grant Authorizations you can find the Test Reports which detail the output values.

If you do not have the equipment or access to it I'd say this is not a very high priority as there is nothing you can do to adjust any levels.

Reactions: Aquarius4058
Proper measuring requires a power meter with a direct connection to RF port.

Field strength meters can measure the field around an antenna but this is subject to the antenna design and surrounding conditions.

If you search for DJI's FCC Grant Authorizations you can find the Test Reports which detail the output values.

If you do not have the equipment or access to it I'd say this is not a very high priority as there is nothing you can do to adjust any levels.
Thanks for the response, really appreciate it. I've installed a DBS panel antenna on it then boosted it later. I am just wondering if I can
check the RF of the modification if it puts out clean signal without flying the craft. Thanks.

What you might do is get an EMF meter. It may not do exactly what you want, but you will see the difference between a stock antenna, an ITELITE antenna, etc.

Don't get a cheap one. You'll want to spend three figures at least.

Reactions: Aquarius4058
What you might do is get an EMF meter. It may not do exactly what you want, but you will see the difference between a stock antenna, an ITELITE antenna, etc.

Don't get a cheap one. You'll want to spend three figures at least.
Thanks Mark.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1