PROPELLORS DON'T TURN

Reaction score
Yep, assembled out of the box like in the DJI video. No problems.

BUT, propellors won't turn. Why??
Nazam Assistant shows that the Tx propellor control is working. But props don't turn. Help please. Can't even get to base!

Do you know how to arm the motors?

Exactly what are you doing when you try to start it up?

No, have no idea what it means to"arm" the motors. How do you go about that, & what is the function of "arming"? I haven't heard of it.

In my attempt to get the props to turn, I loaded AA batteries into the Tx. Set the mode on Tx to GPS. Put the throttle control to all the way down. Turned on the Tx. Connected/inserted fully charged LiPo battery into copter. All the bleeping noises occurred, indicating copter power-up. LED indicator blinking.

Upon moving throttle control up, props don't turn.

I've had some thoughts/questions about this problem:

Q1. What colour is the Tx "on" LED supposed to be? (mine shows red).
Q2. What is the operational effect of using 4 of AA batteries in the Tx, which batteries are rechargeable ones having a cell voltage of 1.2V each; versus using non-chargeable AA cells with a nominal voltage of 1.5V each. (I'm using the 1.2V rechargeable version)

I think its best for you to watch all the DJI videos and or also read the manual, if you dont know how to arm the motors or what the LED lights are telling you. The different flight modes and all the other info you really should understand before your first flight then its likely you will lose the phantom fairly quickly. Its very easy to fly but you really need to know all that is said in the manual and those few dji videos in order to avoid adding your name to the flyaway statistics.

First wait all the warm cycle and perform the compass calibration. Repower the phantom and then start motors when you get GREEN - GREEN blinking leds. Watch Manual LEDs chart:

Led%20Status.jpg

For starting motors you should perform a CSC moving both sticks to bottom center or bottom outsides.:

CSC-Stick-Moves.jpg

PD: Watch all the DJI's instructional videos:

http://www.dji-innovations.com/tutorial/phantom-tutorial/

If you don't stop right now and read the manual from cover to cover several times and watch ALL of the DJI videos at least twice each, you're going to end up losing your copter, I'm afraid...

GoodnNuff said:
If you don't stop right now and read the manual from cover to cover several times and watch ALL of the DJI videos at least twice each, you're going to end up losing your copter, I'm afraid...

what he said...
..AND put your name on the Phantom!

Gizmo3000 said:
GoodnNuff said:

what he said...
..AND put your name on the Phantom!

I also put my name & phone number on the battery as well. You never know when it's going to fall out!

-Todd :idea:

Thanks all. Have got motors running. As suggested I did a "CSC" (what does that stand for?) All OK.

Colin at DJI USA didn't show that bit on the video - hence I was expecting the motors to start out of the box, like his did. Mine didn't!

As for the CSC method in the Phantom Quick Start Manual 1.6, you have to work your way to p.13 (Flight Test) before you hit the CSC stuff. Not a smart placement, in my opinion, as all I wanted to test is whether the motors (no props attached) could actually be controlled by the Tx.

Such a test is not "Flight Test". I classify it as: "Check that your Tx communicates with the motors on your aircraft". A pretty basic test, I think. I get a complex bit of gear out of a box from China. I plainly am wondering: does this gadget do what it's supposed to, or do I have a dud?

Better invent a new category, perhaps called "Preflight Check" Place it at the the beginning of the manual. Oh dear, writing manuals is not easy. Particularly for people already in the know.

I think they may have out it further in the manual so people dont just read the first page and take off then lose their new phantom as most would likely not read the rest. Dont know if its a good or bad way of doing it but everyone should read the entire manual before the first flight. It may seem a bit like reading another language and it wont all make sense, after a few simple test flights when you go back to the manual it should all make much more sense.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20