Propeller Noise

Reaction score
I know, I'm a bit strange, but i enjoy the sound go my quad's propellers on a video. Unfortunately, P3P flyers know that there is no sound on the P3P camera/gimbal setup.
Any thoughts regarding hanging a small sport camera similar to GoPro, on the quad for the purpose of gaining sound, and somehow mixing with the 4k Video.

why just to hear the props will get old real fast

I'm with you I like adding in some prop sound too . I fly older birds with gopro so it's easy for me to do . I remember some of the V2 guys adding a small recorder I would go that way instead of adding a 2nd cam because of weight witch will hurt your flight time .

could just put tape recorder on ground they are so loud would pick it up

I'm with you I like adding in some prop sound too . I fly older birds with gopro so it's easy for me to do . I remember some of the V2 guys adding a small recorder I would go that way instead of adding a 2nd cam because of weight witch will hurt your flight time .
Thanks, thats exactly what I had in mind, but didn't realize that a USB
voice recorder even existed.
why just to hear the props will get old real fast
I'm sure it will get old at times, but ocassionally might be ok.

Loo
Thanks, thats exactly what I had in mind, but didn't realize that a USB
voice recorder even existed.

I'm sure it will get old at times, but ocassionally might be ok.
Look, if George Lucas can insert fighter plane noises into space battles, we can put in a bit of prop noise in our vids.

The easiest way to do this would be to find a nice, quiet place, take your cell phone (with it's handy voice recorder) and make some audio clips. Then add it to the video as artistically merited (see above). This way you can get some variety like Doppler shift and fades.

I've been trying to get audio of whale noises with a Zoom H4n recorder. Harder than it seems. Mostly I pick up my Lab's panting (he likes whales). If you want to really get into audio, there are some great, reasonably priced recorders like the Zoom. But you would want to pick up other sounds besides the prop buzz I would think.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik