Propeller life span

Reaction score
How often do you change props?
I have noticed that a new set makes a big difference to the noise from the Phantom but very quickly gets noisy again.
Obviously you have to be careful with dust and other crap when taking off and landing and bugs are an issue.

Very rarely. I don't change them unless they are chipped and/or cracked.

Did you try balancing your props? That might help with the noise too.

Last edited:
I guess it would depend on how long you can go before they hit stuff and get beat up. I had my first and only tip over last night tho the only ware and tear it got from it was some green grass stains. That wiped right off.

Tho if they were to never make contact with any thing while spinning. It would seem some one would have to be doing a lot of flying in some real abrasive dusty air like a sand stome or some thing to ever ware out a set just from air friction alone. and I would think by then the props being wreaked from it would be the last of things on the list to be wreaked.

There is another thread about this.
Someone was suggesting that removal and installation of props is a wear in its self on the prop threads and them being different
design - there is the possibility that they are not going to last as long as previous props.
He noted they are cheaper than earlier prop models.
I have been using a wine glass to balance my props with the proper balancing rods -however received a Dubro balancer today
and I am very happy with it.

Reactions: dirkclod
I use the same and is great ! ..Before I just used this ;)
balancer.jpg

Reactions: Farmer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic