Propeller Doesn't Fit

Reaction score
I had a minor crash. I was taking off from an elevated platform in high winds and I could see that the wind was pushing the drone in a direction I didn't want to go because of overhead power lines, so I quickly attempted a landing, but part of the drone missed the platform, and it fell off, landed upside down, and sputtered in the the stone driveway until I cut the power. Fortunately, it's ok except I scuffed up a few of the propellers, so I replaced them with my spare set.

But one of the new propellers would not go on. It was one with a black ring. I compared it with one of the others, and it looked exactly the same, top and bottom. So I had to use one of the older propellers.

Any idea why it wouldn't go on? I could not get it to turn and lock into place. Once again, it looked exactly like one of the propellers that worked. There were no flaws that I could see.

I had a minor crash. I was taking off from an elevated platform in high winds and I could see that the wind was pushing the drone in a direction I didn't want to go because of overhead power lines, so I quickly attempted a landing, but part of the drone missed the platform, and it fell off, landed upside down, and sputtered in the the stone driveway until I cut the power. Fortunately, it's ok except I scuffed up a few of the propellers, so I replaced them with my spare set.

But one of the new propellers would not go on. It was one with a black ring. I compared it with one of the others, and it looked exactly the same, top and bottom. So I had to use one of the older propellers.

Any idea why it wouldn't go on? I could not get it to turn and lock into place. Once again, it looked exactly like one of the propellers that worked. There were no flaws that I could see.
Did you look closely at the mount on the motor to see if those plastic arms and hooks are all still in good shape?

I checked it again. It's the same as the other black ring propellers and a mirror image of those with the silver rings. I tried it anyway on the silver mounts, but it wouldn't go on.

On the black mount where it belongs, I can press it down, but it won't turn.

Last edited:
I checked it again. It's the same as the other black ring propellers and a mirror image of those with the silver rings. I tried it anyway on the silver mounts, but it wouldn't go on.

On the black mount where it belongs, I can press it down, but it won't turn.
I'm guessing it is something that happened to the mount then in the crash!

Look at that mount closely compare to one of the other mounts...possibly something got jammed on impact..you have me wanting to look at mine.

So you have two possible motors to mount that prop, did you try both or just one of two? This may help determine if it’s the prop or mount.

I had the same thing happen to me with a new prop. It just would not lock on. I may locked if I turned it harder but that did not feel like the correct thing to do. I used another prop and it locked on the same as the others. Might be time to buy some new props

I had the same thing happen to me with a new prop. It just would not lock on. I may locked if I turned it harder but that did not feel like the correct thing to do. I used another prop and it locked on the same as the others. Might be time to buy some new props
Hmmm...wonder if the new propellers were OEM DJI originals or 3rd party knockoffs?

I would hope they were DJI, since they were the first ones I put on out of the box

I'm sure the problem is with the prop and not the mount. I have three other props with the black ring and I can place all of them on either mount. I have problems with just that one prop on both mounts. I have flipped it over and compared it to the others, and I can't see any problem with it. It looks like a perfect match to me. I can't figure it out.

Reactions: Slickvolt
I said the same thing.......i put it in the trash and moved on! LOL

I'm sure the problem is with the prop and not the mount. I have three other props with the black ring and I can place all of them on either mount. I have problems with just that one prop on both mounts. I have flipped it over and compared it to the others, and I can't see any problem with it. It looks like a perfect match to me. I can't figure it out.
I had one like that, black too. I just applied a bit more pressure and it snapped into place. After that, it worked normally. I think it might be a tiny edge of plastic from moulding, but I found nothing on inspection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31