Prop Size info?

Reaction score
Hi all. What a great forum, such an amazing amount of information. I have spent the last 2 1/2 hours reading Q & As and have not been able to find an answer to this question yet (if asked and answered, I apologize fro reasking it) I just bought the Phantom1 and would like to get another set of props for it and possibly a set of the prop guards. Most of the ads that I have seen specify the Phantom2 and say nothing of the 1. Are these parts interchangeable between the two models?
Thanks in advance for the help.

TIm

the Phantom 1 ships with 8" self tightening props I believe
the Phantom 2 ships with 9" self tightening props, which give a bit more lift.- but you can indeed fit them onto Phantom 1.

Tho first you need to verify that your Phantom 1 is of the newer style that takes self tightening props (much earlier Phantoms didn't).

If you were to get prop guards, you'd want to make sure you got the corresponding size. 8" or 9"
and make extra etra sure to only use the longer screws with the prop guards, and shorter screws when not using prop guards, or you will risk damaging your motors.

Thanks Gizmo3000.
I do indeed have the newer Phantom with the self tightening props. My bird came with 2 sets of them. I was thinking that the guards may prolong the life of the props, (possibly even protect the body a bit as well?) until I get a bit more proficient at flying. And is eBay fairly safe to buy props from? I have seen mixed reviews about that.

I am using the 9" Graupner eProps on my Phantom. Less vibrations and nicely stable.

eBay props are hit an miss. I would avoid them, however some had success.
They are terribly unbalanced.

DJI props seems to be the better choice. Very resistant and more balanced.

Carbon fiber props are more rigid and break much easier on hard impact.

Vision props give more lift and slightly better flight time, however some say you need to adjust gains or it flies erraticaly. Some have no problems.

Don't land it, rather let it hover in front of oyu and grab a leg, turn off the Tx.

Most prop damage seems to be on landing.

Where did you find the 9" graupners? I've read they are out if business and nobody has them in either 8 or 9" 10's are plentiful but old stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.